Koodo Community

Decline and Degradation of Koodo Customer Service

Why is Koodo slowly cutting out all customer conveniences? The app was cut "due to customer preferences" but it is so obviously cost cutting. The call services were cut, the plans price blades dig deeper and even the kiosks all agree. I've been with Koodo my whole cell experience, before the popular ads, with a Motorola flip phone so I've seen the entire evolution. This company was great to me, now it's just another hand in my pocket.
Cheers,
Dan

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well other reasons were stated even here. It does save money for sure though. Most app use apparently went to checking data usage. The site has long since been optimized for mobile. I think that it works well. You can put an icon on your phone that accomplishes almost the same thing. It's basically one or two more taps.

Yeah plans have been getting more expensive. Big 3 yadda yadda yadda. But I think that some plan tiers per gb have been getting cheaper of late. 7 years ago 6gb for 60 was mind blowing. That's not too uncommon to get or 5gb for 60 these days. Now it's 10gb for 60 that was mind blowing. And you don't find me blindly defending Koodo on the forums.

Koodo has been positioning itself as a self help brand more and more. Call services I would argue have been curtailed rather than cut. Now you have to schedule a call back to speak with someone.
Perfect. Just as I write this, I am trying to view my minutes (I used to have unlimited Canada wide for half the price..? but anyways...) and I can't check anything because the site is down - again. This is a good time to have a call center or app, like most modern companies. Spend some money and service your customers, please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They are having a scheduled maintenance. I would suggest you try the web portal tomorrow.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Call centre would be closed anyways at this time but otherwise I suppose ? I don't think that I'd ever call just to ask for usage. Worst case you could count minutes off of your phone's call log. Should t have to resort to that but it used to be par for the course. I can't remember if server maintenance also affected the app receiving account access or not though.

Good grief. I'd be watching more closely for deal plans and jumping on one of those then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Call centre would be closed anyways at this time but otherwise I suppose ? I don't think that I'd ever call just to ask for usage. Worst case you could count minutes off of your phone's call log. Should t have to resort to that but it used to be par for the course. I can't remember if server maintenance also affected the app receiving account access or not though.

Scheduled maintenance would have had the same effect on the app. It would also mean that call centre staff serious be unable to access the account either, since everything pulls from the same system.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dan Sutherland wrote:

Perfect. Just as I write this, I am trying to view my minutes (I used to have unlimited Canada wide for half the price..? but anyways...) and I can't check anything because the site is down - again. This is a good time to have a call center or app, like most modern companies. Spend some money and service your customers, please.

Personally, I find one of the biggest problems in retail is customers expecting to be "serviced" rather than served.