Koodo Community

Community

Deactivating Account

Want to deactivate account online!

9 replies

I have read I must call customer service to deactivate - there's a 30 to 60 minute wait - this is unacceptable customer service!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paulette Upshall wrote:

I have read I must call customer service to deactivate - there's a 30 to 60 minute wait - this is...

Paullette, you can choose the call back option so that you dont have to wait on hold.
Paulette Upshall wrote:

I have read I must call customer service to deactivate - there's a 30 to 60 minute wait - this is...

We used to be able to do it online in self-service. Why was it taken off? It's so not convenient!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paulette Upshall wrote:

Many reasons, security, so they can attempt to solve an issue if youre just frustrated and are cancelling to "fix" it, etc. Im not sure of the official reason though.
Userlevel 1
Paulette Upshall wrote:

Hi there,

If you are talking about a prepaid account, there is no need to cancel it. The account will automatically be deactivated once you stop topping up.

Regarding monthly/postpaid accounts, cancellation can only be done over the phone and was never offered online, as we need to make sure we are speaking with the account holder.

Allan's suggestion is your best bet to avoid waiting on line. 

Hope this clarifies the situation! If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to ask.
Paulette Upshall wrote:

I'm trying to deactivate my account and it told me 1 hour wait. Then told me I could get a call back, I put in the number i need to be called at (because I'm in the US) and it won't take it. Fuck it. Y'all will disconnect that phone when you realize i'm not paying the fucking bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paulette Upshall wrote:

I'd highly suggest not just leaving your account open and not paying. (In the end it'll end up way worse for you then for them). If you cant reach them via phone you can send them a message via Facebook. Tell them you are out of the country and you'll be able to cancel that way.
Paulette Upshall wrote:

I have called and waited on hold for hours at a time. It is impossible to cancel. I was supposed to get a call back each time and nobody has called me back! This company is such a scam. I NEED TO CANCEL!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paulette Upshall wrote:

If you haven't tried yet, try calling as soon as they open in the morning.