Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data usage - Not Showing on the App

Why does the data usage on my app (and the website summary) show as 0Mb of data used, but when I look at the data usage summary it shows over 238 Mb used? This is very misleading and potentially very costly.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have no idea what you're looking at App - Is this a 3rd party app? Website Summary - is this within self serve? Data usage Summary - Is this within self serve and what's the difference between this and the website summary?
The App is the Koodo self-serve app for iPhone. Website summary is the Koodo website - post log-in on the overview tab. Both the self-serve Koodo app and the Koodo website overview tab show 0 Mb used. If you click the link to "check your previous usage" you get the day by day usage. This is the first billing period for this phone, but there are only 13 days until the next bill, and 9 days of detailed usage. You would think that the detailed usage would be summarized to something other than 0 Mb used on both the overview tab and the Koodo self-serve app (as it does for the other phone on the account...)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Allore wrote:

The App is the Koodo self-serve app for iPhone. Website summary is the Koodo website - post log-...

The data summary does not count partial billing periods which is what your first 13 days are. Don't worry, when you start your next full billing period the app and summary will calculate properly
Thanks. I wish they had told us this when we set this phone up. The easiest way to check data usage is on your phone...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Allore wrote:

Thanks. I wish they had told us this when we set this phone up. The easiest way to check data u...

Yea on your phone's app/settings is the easiest way to check your data usage.