Koodo Community
Solved

data usage alerts

I have data usage alerts set up but they don't work.  I am getting billed every month for overages and the chat bot just repeats itself says to set them up in self serve when they are already set up but not working.  On my previous phone the alert would stop accepting data but not this one.  I tell my contacts not to send any pics thru texts but…..

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 1 July 2020, 00:35

So it seems your plan doesn't include data. In that case, you don't have SFD. It's pay per use data and you can access to your data anytime.

I'm a little puzzled because if it's talk&text plan, then it usually come with unlimited minutes…

When did you get this plan and how much is it?

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does your plan come with any data to start with?  If so you shoul;d have shock free data.

Can you login into your self serve and download your detailed pdf ebill to confirm that indeed the overage charges are specifically for data overage any not for something else?

It is definitely for data.  My old phone I would get an alert that my data was reaching and then reached my limit and then because I never gave permission to carry on I did not get overages.  This phone I have all the alerts set up but I never hear anything until I get the text telling me my bill is ready.  I have a little bit of data but not much.  

I just checked again and it says 250KB SFD but I am not getting alerts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just checked again and it says 250KB SFD but I am not getting alerts.

What plan do you have?(How much?)

Is it talk and text only plan?

I don’t know what a talk and text plan is.  I have:

• 500 Canada-wide anytime minutes
  • Call Display
  • Voicemail
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling
  • Call Waiting and Conference Calling
  • Additional data $10/100 MB; additional talk rates $0.60/min
  • Unlimited evenings and weekends (5pm)*
  • Unlimited messaging (text & picture)*
  • Data 250KB $0 SFD$0.00
  • Koodo VoLTE Access$0.00
  • Detailed Statement$0.00
  • Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance$0.00
  • International Data Roaming$0.00
  • International Voice Roaming$0.00
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So it seems your plan doesn't include data. In that case, you don't have SFD. It's pay per use data and you can access to your data anytime.

I'm a little puzzled because if it's talk&text plan, then it usually come with unlimited minutes…

When did you get this plan and how much is it?

I got a new phone about a year ago and my old plan had a small amount of data which I still have. I use wifi most of the time.  The plan is about a year old for $30.

The old plan always told me when I was at 50% data usage and stop the data when I maxed out but this new plan says and does nothing.  The first I know is when I get my bill with overage charges. Not impressed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t know what a talk and text plan is.  I have:

• 500 Canada-wide anytime minutes
  • Call Display
  • Voicemail
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling
  • Call Waiting and Conference Calling
  • Additional data $10/100 MB; additional talk rates $0.60/min
  • Unlimited evenings and weekends (5pm)*
  • Unlimited messaging (text & picture)*
  • Data 250KB $0 SFD$0.00
  • Koodo VoLTE Access$0.00
  • Detailed Statement$0.00
  • Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance$0.00
  • International Data Roaming$0.00
  • International Voice Roaming$0.00

Based on this it doesn't look like you have any data. What small amount did you have previously?

If you go I to self serve > usage, how my data usage does it say you have? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The old plan always told me when I was at 50% data usage and stop the data when I maxed out but this new plan says and does nothing.  The first I know is when I get my bill with overage charges. Not impressed.

Maybe your old plan included data like 200mb, 500mb, 1GB or 2GB…?   But you switched your plan to $30 talk(minutes) & texts plan a year ago...?

Can you check usage page as Dennis asked and you can see circles for Airtime/minutes,  Messaging/text and data. 
If you can take a screenshot without personal information and post it,  we can check/confirm what included in your plan (if you want)