Koodo Community
Solved

Data Roaming Disabled

Hi! I got a plan with Koodo and it originally didn't have data on it, so I asked the guys to help me disable data roaming so I could never accidentally use it or get charged for it. But now I switched to a plan with data and I have no idea how to turn data roaming back on. It's somewhere on the website because I went into a Koodo store today to ask and a lady said to just change it on the website. Could anyone tell me how to do it?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Data roaming would be using data while in a foreign country.  I think you want to remove dat...

Ok, try it now. First turn phone on and off.
Dennis wrote:

Data roaming would be using data while in a foreign country.  I think you want to remove dat...

I had the same problem. I realized this was solved internally, but for the sake of clarity, I had to go to Self-Serve > Mobile Services > Manage add-ons. 
I then removed it from there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

@ Sisi, what name is your account under?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Data roaming would be using data while in a foreign country.  I think you want to remove data block.

You need to go to self serve and you should be able to see it in your add-ons.  You just need to remove it from your add-ons
Dennis wrote:

Hi Dennis! I looked at that part already! And it says that I have no add ons. The data block shows up as I do not have it and asks me to add it for 2 dollars. I'm really confused, I'm sure there's some mix up or a problem going on because I definitely have data block.

Dennis wrote:

Peimei Xie
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Data Roaming Disabled. Hi! I got a plan with Koodo and it originally didn't have data on it, so I asked the guys to help me disable data roaming so I could never accidentally use it or get charged for it. But now I switched to a plan with data and I have no idea how to turn data roaming back on. It's somewhere on the website because I went into a Koodo store today to ask and a lady said to just change it on the website. Could anyone tell me how to do it?
Dennis wrote:

thank you so much!! it is working now:)