Koodo Community

Changing to monthly plan

I was wanting to switch over from my Koodo prepaid plan to a monthly plan. We saw on my wife’s monthly account a deal to add a line for $39/mo with 20Gb of data. We signed up and ordered the SIM card. I have the SIM card now and have been trying to move my old number from prepaid and have not had any luck. I tried using both the IMEI # and the account # and I keep getting a message saying incorrect number (they are the correct numbers). They say it’s easy to do on self  so you don’t have to pay the $50 connection fee. So far I have spent 2 hours of going around in circles. Any help would be most appreciated.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Normally you would only need the account # and your name to move the number. You don’t have to enter the IMEI. Regarding the account number, I assumed you used the account number in your prepaid selfserve? It wasn’t your phone number though.

Yes I used my prepaid account number and it still came up as incorrect number. We have been very happy with Koodo but this is extremely frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I used my prepaid account number and it still came up as incorrect number. We have been very happy with Koodo but this is extremely frustrating.

I assumed you have checked your name between the 2 accounts and your current prepaid account was still active?

If the error persists, you would have to contact Koodo directly and ask them to assist www.koodo.com/chat you shouldn't have to pay any connection fee. You could tell them there was error in self-serve. 

Yes I checked my name and it’s the same on both accounts. Prepaid account is still active also.

I tried Koodo chat and got nowhere. To talk to someone I have to book a call back time that could be ½ hour after the time. Presently I don’t hav time to sit around and wait for a call or I could be on the road when the call comes in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I checked my name and it’s the same on both accounts. Prepaid account is still active also.

I tried Koodo chat and got nowhere. To talk to someone I have to book a call back time that could be ½ hour after the time. Presently I don’t hav time to sit around and wait for a call or I could be on the road when the call comes in.

So they offered some time for call back but it didn't work for you because you were travelling? Normally they will send a text before they call though, so you would have time to prepare.

After trying the procedure again with no luck I went into a Telus/Koodo store and after explaining my problem they got me up and running with no charges. I was very thankful for the help.