Koodo Community
Question

Changing plans for long time customer

• 2 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone. I just want to clarify my experience and see if there has been changes to self serve and how you switch your plan. I have been a koodo customer for over 10 years so I have a lot of experience in self serve and changing plans.  I am currently on the 55 plan and want to switch to the new promotional 55 plan. Offers more data and unlimited text and minutes. Self serve lets me select it and put the  promotional 55 plan in the cart. When I go to check out it wont let me without buying a phone? I have switched plans dozens of times over ten years with koodo and this has never happened before.  The promotion doesn’t state for new customers only, or only valid with a new phone.  I looked at online instructions and koodo seems to direct you to YOUR rate plan now and if you have any offers you can select them, but it seems like koodo doesn't want you to be getting the general publics promotional offers anymore and directed customers to YOUR rate plan area now that has no connection to any current rate plan promotions koodo is having? Can anyone confirm any of these changes or if this is a error on the webpage, and it’s still the same as the last 10 years. Just go log in select a plan and add to cart and it updates your plan. You would figure that the promotions would also be available to the customers that already contribute financially to Telus/Koodo, not just for hoping to attract new customers while insulting their current customers that have worse plans for the same price!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Adding a plan to the cart has only ever been the procedure if you're buying a new phone.

To change your plan:

Sign into serve.

Click on ‘view rate plan’.

Click on 'change my plan’.

Select the plan you want to change to.

Click ’switch to this plan'.

First user is right.

If you follow Timo’s advice, you do not get promotion.

I guess you have to cancel account in order to get new promotion??

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm existing customer and I just check if I can see those promo plans.

Log into self serve > shop for new plan > and I saw all those promo plans from on each Tab size.

Maybe you can clear your browsing history and log into self serve again...?

The key work is shop for “new” plan.

If you follow Timo’s advice and hit “Change plan” button, the way it should work, promotional plans are not available, it sucks.

If you shop for new plan, you have to select new phone as well which is original Bob’s problem

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The key work is shop for “new” plan.

If you follow Timo’s advice and hit “Change plan” button, the way it should work, promotional plans are not available, it sucks.

If you shop for new plan, you have to select new phone as well which is original Bob’s problem

I see. I tried with Timo's advice and I didn't see any new promo plans. Which is wrong or some kind of system error.

Those promo plans didn't say anything about only for "new" activation. So, Timo's advice should work.

Add: Timo already flagged to Koodo. They will look into it