Koodo Community
Solved

Changing PIN on prepaid Account

• 22 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

I just got a prepaid account activated.  I selected my PIN during this setup process.

Now - I want to change my PIN because I had to give it to the Koodo CS rep during a call.

How do I change my PIN ?  (Note:  this is the PIN for accessing my account when dialing *611)

Thanks

icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 22 April 2022, 10:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just got a prepaid account activated.  I selected my PIN during this setup process.

Now - I want to change my PIN because I had to give it to the Koodo CS rep during a call.

How do I change my PIN ?  (Note:  this is the PIN for accessing my account when dialing *611)

Thanks

You should be able to change it on your Self-Serve account. Have you tried logging in and see if the option is available? 

Userlevel 2

Yes - I’ve looked on Self-Serve and couldn’t find anything.  And there’s nothing really posted on the help articles and community chats.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You know, I’m a bit rusty with prepaid now, but I believe you will need to contact Koodo to change your PIN - I know you do with Public Mobile. You can actually ask the rep to change it for you during a call, and they’ll try to verify your account by asking questions only you could answer. Then they should give you the ability to pick a new one.

Paging @BobTheElectrician the prepaid king to verify if what I just said is true :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There’s no option to change your PIN online, but DO go into self-serve, click on Change Security Question and make note of your current answers. You will have to contact Koodo and the rep will probably grill you on those questions.

Userlevel 2

Thanks BobTheElectrician and Sophia.  Much appreciate the quick replies.