Koodo Community
Solved

Changed phone number is correct in account info, but not recognized by SIM card maybe.

I finally decided to change my number to a local one having moved fairly recently. I did a number change through self serve, prepaid phone, and after a few minutes the account showed the new number...however my phone’s SIM is still showing the old number. I cannot send or receive calls or texts. I tried turning off the phone then powering it back on, pulling the SIM out and waiting a bit before reinstalling it and also tried resetting network settings. Nothing. Then I had the idea to try another number change. Once again after some minutes my account shows the new number but my SIM is still on the old number. Maybe that was a mistake but I thought it was worth a shot anyways.

Anyone have an idea what to do? I can’t really call Koodo, heck I can’t even find a number to call or email address to contact. I need help here. I’m literally without my phone now which is not ideal.

As a side note I helped somebody else also on Koodo prepaid change their number and after maybe 20 minutes their phone is working 100% on the new number. I really have no clue what to do next...

icon

Best answer by DFXB 6 June 2021, 21:34

Ok, I called the 866 number and I DID manage to reach a rep.  Had to press 6 for support in the first menu and then 2 for a rep. I was on hold for less than a minute before I reached somebody. They had to put me on hold to talk to tech support and apparently it may take until tomorrow to fix it or have other info. The second phone number change made things worse...oops…

In short if anybody else is having the same issue just call the support line and talk to a rep. They were helpful and honestly Koodo needs to add that number to their support page. I’ll also update this thread whenever the issue is either resolved or no further progress is possible.

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sounds like a glitch with the number change on your account. 

Your best bet would be to send koodo a private message via Facebook or Twitter and a rep will have to look at your account 

I don’t have a twitter or a facebook and don’t want one either. I did manage to find a support number so I’ll call them tomorrow during regular business hours and hope they have people working Sundays. Otherwise I’ll try again Monday and go from there.

Koodo really needs better customer support to be honest. Using twitter or the other thing really aren’t proper or honestly professional. At least add the support number to the Contact page...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t have a twitter or a facebook and don’t want one either. I did manage to find a support number so I’ll call them tomorrow during regular business hours and hope they have people working Sundays. Otherwise I’ll try again Monday and go from there.

Koodo really needs better customer support to be honest. Using twitter or the other thing really aren’t proper or honestly professional. At least add the support number to the Contact page...

Which number did you find? was it the 1 (866) 995-6636?. If so, that will send you to their digital rep www.koodo.com/chat From there, you could schedule a callback from them.

Badge +4

If you need a working Canadian phone number for the time being, download the Fongo Mobile app (the app works over Wi-Fi or mobile data). You will get a free local ten-digit phone number that you can use when Koodo Assist asks for a callback number. Tip: enter #socialtech in the chat dialogue box to get to the “schedule a callback” window quicker. Entering “prepaid sim error” as the reason for the callback should work.

Fongo Mobile

Koodo Assist

Yes, the 6636 number...and you’re telling me I can’t just call them from a borrowed phone and talk to an actual support member? Ugh. And how is the “callback” supposed to work when I can’t send OR RECEIVE calls? What a mess this situation is…

I just tried calling from my phone hoping that since it’s supposed to be a Koodo support number it’d just work. Nope. If I can’t get this resolved properly this will really put me off Koodo. There’s a combination Telus/Koodo store here and that’ll be my last step I try after trying that number. If they can’t help me or buying a new prepaid SIM to try and switch the number to that doesn’t work…

Brain is pain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can schedule a callback to any Canadian number. It doesn’t have to be your number. If your phone is down, you can’t call or receive calls from Koodo.

Anyway, it might be quicker if you can chat with a rep via facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/Twitter messaging.

You can schedule a callback to any Canadian number. It doesn’t have to be your number. If your phone is down, you can’t call or receive calls from Koodo.

Anyway, it might be quicker if you can chat with a rep via facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/Twitter messaging.

As I said before I don’t have and never will have a facebook or twitter. I am glad to hear I can at least book a call to any phone number so that helps. I guess I’ll have to borrow a phone which isn’t ideal but can be done.

Koodo, get some proper tech support. This is embarrassing….

Badge +4

I guess I’ll have to borrow a phone which isn’t ideal but can be done.

I’ve used Fongo for years as a backup solution - no need to borrow a phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As I said before I don’t have and never will have a facebook or twitter. I am glad to hear I can at least book a call to any phone number so that helps. I guess I’ll have to borrow a phone which isn’t ideal but can be done.

Koodo, get some proper tech support. This is embarrassing….

If your phone wasn’t working, you couldn’t call them anyway even if they had a number. If you would like a direct phone support 24/7, you might have to move up to Telus.

I guess this is the 1st time you were here on the forum. Creating a dummy account in Facebook/twitter could take similar time (or shoter). You could delete it afterwards. Fongo as Rikkster mentioned is also a good choice.

Ok, I called the 866 number and I DID manage to reach a rep.  Had to press 6 for support in the first menu and then 2 for a rep. I was on hold for less than a minute before I reached somebody. They had to put me on hold to talk to tech support and apparently it may take until tomorrow to fix it or have other info. The second phone number change made things worse...oops…

In short if anybody else is having the same issue just call the support line and talk to a rep. They were helpful and honestly Koodo needs to add that number to their support page. I’ll also update this thread whenever the issue is either resolved or no further progress is possible.

They called me back and got it sorted out. It took a moment, seems like something on my SIM reset, and then it showed the new number and it is now able to send and receive calls. Thanks to the tech support folks at Koodo for figuring it out and fixing it.