Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Change to the SK Plan

I joined Koodo in 2013 when I lived in Alberta and took my number with me when I moved to Saskatchewan in 2014. Due to family responsibilities, I never changed my number and since I have Canada-wide calling, long distance charges don't affect me.

I just saw the $48/mo plan and want to change to it, but I'm unable to do so online. Can someone please tell me if I have to call in to have this done? I really don't want to pay $10 for a change in plan. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For out of province you still hav to. You will not get charged because you could not do it yourself. Beware it is possible that you be told that you must change your number. I know two people posted to moose jaw in the air force who were told they had to change their number.
So if you move to another province you have to change your number? If you move to another province can you change your rate plan to that province? It won't let me on self serve ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
b wrote:

So if you move to another province you have to change your number? If you move to another provin...

If you want a plan available only in SK or QC, you must generally use an SK or QC cell phone number to match. There should be no charge but customer service has to do it.

Gets to be a little complicated, but if it's critical to maintain your current AB number, look at porting it out to a VoIP service first and getting those calls forwarded to your new SK "home" number. It will be like cancelling your Koodo service and re-starting in SK. Will cost a few bucks extra a month, but your contacts in AB and SK can reach you at local (to them) numbers.
b wrote:

So if you move to another province you have to change your number? If you move to another provin...

Thanks for the response. I bought the phone from Apple. Got Koodo plan from bc with bc number then went online to self serve and got Manitoba number. Then tried to use self serve to get Manitoba plan, but it won't let me. Do I still have to call customer service or am I don't no something wrong on self service? Just want this done before I leave
b wrote:

Do I have to wait a certain amount of time after I have changed my number?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
b wrote:

Hey B - as Bob and Goran have mentioned above, you'll need to speak with client care to provide proof of address if you're going to be living in Manitoba, so we can verify. You can do so by dialing *611. This is not something you can change yourself through self-serve. 
b wrote:

Will I have to change my bc address to a Manitoba one? I'm headed out to Manitoba for Xmas and maybe stay up to a year for a job. I don't want to have to lie or fake my address to to this
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
b wrote:

Once you settle in Manitoba, you could then see about changing your address.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
b wrote:

To add to David's comment - in order to get a Manitoba based plan, you have to be a resident. If you're indeed moving there and will be living somewhere in Manitoba, theoretically you should be changing things like your drivers license, billing info. mortgage/lease papers, etc. If it's only temporary and you won't have a residence there, then unfortunately you wouldn't qualify for that plan and will need to keep your current BC plan.