Koodo Community
Question

change phone number

• 11 September 2020
  • 4 replies

I upgraded my phone 3 weeks ago and want to change my phone number. Using the self serve options it says I need to wait 14 days after activating or renewing a phone. 14 days have passed how can I change my number. Is there a phone number I can call to get assistance

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's a bit of a misleading message, it usually reverts when the next billing cycle starts. Is it urgent for you to change your number?

I believe my billing cycle ends on the 16th.  I have received like 2-3 scam calls a day and I keep blocking the number but they call on another. It's frustrating but I can wait if I need to

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh I hate those. You could contact Koodo to change your number, but you'll probably have much more freedom to select a number that you like if you do it yourself. You can also register yourself in the Do Not Call register and you can enable the anti spam add-on in self serve. Hopefully that'll help at least a little!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ceedub420 I would recommend turning on call control on your line. It’s a free service we provide, exactly to limit if not eliminate completely, scam calls, robo calls and the likes. You can find all the info here then decide if it is something for you or still want to change your number.