Koodo Community
Solved

cant register for self serve / account number postal code

• 21 July 2020
  • 9 replies

I want to register for self serve but I keep getting the that message 

also, when I try to talk to a virtual assistant, it keeps saying that my account number and postal code don’t match. Please help.

icon

Best answer by Kajasloj 21 July 2020, 21:03

Ok, issue is solved now. I had a callback and it turns out they had a wrong email on file. Thank you for your help.

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a new customer?

If so, have you received your sim/phone yet? Does it work?  Did you get a self serve confirmation email prior to registering for self serve?

I’m a new customer. I have a sim, its working. I didn’t get any email prior to registering. I have put the sim in my phone last night.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you check your junk email?  A self serve confirmation should have been sent to the email you bought the phone/sim with right when your sim started working.

I did check it, there is nothing there

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a prepaid customer or postpaid customer? How did you get the SIM? did they send you a contract/agreement?

You cannot register without the activation email from Koodo, now you would need a reset of the account. I would suggest you contact them via facebook messaging https://www.facebook.com/Koodo and chat with a social media rep there. He/she will help you out.

I have gotten the cellphone deal from a Telus representative over the phone. All i got in the post was the sim and a single sheet of paper with some info, no contract or agreement. I have been messaging them on fb, but no one is responding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have gotten the cellphone deal from a Telus representative over the phone. All i got in the post was the sim and a single sheet of paper with some info, no contract or agreement. I have been messaging them on fb, but no one is responding.

Telus rep? This is Koodo forum. Could you recheck if you are a Koodo customer and not Telus? If someone offered you over the phone, there might be a connection fee of $40 also (unless they waived it).

Facebook messaging isn’t a live chat, You would have to wait until a rep respond to the messaging queue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Im confused.  How did you get in contact with the Telus rep?  Are you contacting official channels over the phone or online or are you just messaging the some “guy”?

This is not a typical way to sign up for Koodo so it is a bit confusing

Ok, issue is solved now. I had a callback and it turns out they had a wrong email on file. Thank you for your help.