Koodo Community
Question

Cannot change address in self serve

I have tried updating my billing address many times over the past day because I want to order a new phone. Each time I attempt to enter my new address self serve says the address has been saved and it will take up to 15 minutes to update. However it never actually updates and when I go to check out my old address still pops up. I’ve tried more than one browser and clearing my cache. How can I fix this?

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It could be a glitch with their self-serve system. If that is the case, you would have to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to manually change it for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@christianarae We use Canada Post’s address verification software. Can you pls try to input in the below link and see if it can find it? 

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/ac/

@christianarae We use Canada Post’s address verification software. Can you pls try to input in the below link and see if it can find it? 

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/ac/

Yes the address should work based on that link. I’m not having any issues inputting the address or getting any kind of error code. Self serve says it’s been saved but then it just never actually updates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes the address should work based on that link. I’m not having any issues inputting the address or getting any kind of error code. Self serve says it’s been saved but then it just never actually updates. 

Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies? What about trying a different browser? Did you try to refresh the page after making the changes?

Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies? What about trying a different browser? Did you try to refresh the page after making the changes?

Yes I’ve done it all. I’ve tried multiple browsers and clearing my cache and cookies. Refreshing the page also doesn’t help - it just shows the old address. I’ve been trying to purchase a new phone but when I go to checkout it will only show me the old address no matter how many times I try to update it. I think it must be an issue on Koodo’s end of things because from my end I’ve tried everything possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Send a private message via Facebook or Twitter and a rep will need to help you change your address for you 

I reached out via Facebook - absolute waste of time. I got one response and then that person apparently scheduled a callback without telling me for 6:30am… so obviously I slept through that. Have not heard anything back from Facebook even after multiple further messages on my behalf.

Why even tell me to go to social media if they will just schedule a callback??? So I scheduled my own callback. Spoke with the rep for about 15 minutes and she said she changed the address. It was suppose to update in 15 minutes - it still hasn’t changed an hour later and if I want another callback there’s nothing available until tomorrow morning. I am at a complete loss at how slow customer service has been and how big of an ordeal this is. I am seriously considering cancelling my plan with Koodo and switching to Virgin since they offer the same plan for the same price and you can actually call them if you have issues.

If any Koodo reps on here can help me, please let me know. Obviously I’d rather not change everything over to a new plan/provider so if there is a less horrible way of getting this address updated today I’ll take that option. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m surprised to hear. I’ll flag a rep to look into it further. It seems to require some more troubleshooting.

I’m surprised to hear. I’ll flag a rep to look into it further. It seems to require some more troubleshooting.

Thank you. Appreciate it.

Userlevel 3

@christianarae   Hi there, can you try and clear out your browser history and try to reconnect to your account to change the address?  Let us know if that would correct the problem.  

@christianarae   Hi there, can you try and clear out your browser history and try to reconnect to your account to change the address?  Let us know if that would correct the problem.  

I’ve already done this and I explained this in my original post and in a reply...

Same problem. Same problem as described dozens of times. Same expressions of surprise. Amusing recommendations to use social media to get in contact with a telecommunications company. And no one has spotted an ongoing problem with consistent symptoms?

This is a loss of business situation for Koodo. No one seems to care.

Same problem. Same problem as described dozens of times. Same expressions of surprise. Amusing recommendations to use social media to get in contact with a telecommunications company. And no one has spotted an ongoing problem with consistent symptoms?

This is a loss of business situation for Koodo. No one seems to care.

Honestly. And they keep telling me to do things I’ve already said I’ve done multiple times. By far the worst customer service experience I’ve had. 

I suspect any indication of imagination or initiative is frowned upon.  The last time I got a timely response was 12 hours after I made a BBB complaint. Probably just a coincidence.

FYI a rep was finally able to change my address after sending several messages through facebook messenger. However they still didn’t input the address correctly. I still cannot order a new phone. And now the promo I wanted to take advantage of is over. This has been an extremely frustrating experience. Hoping I will hear back from the rep over facebook in a timely manner, rather than waiting more than 2 days with nothing like last time.

Count yourself lucky.  Got my address changed as well. Then the fun began.  Picked my phone and was about to check out and then saw a plan I decided to switch to.  But, once I added the Plan change, the Check Out button disappeared.  Had to drop the Plan change and check out with just the phone. Now, instead of billing the shipping to my monthly bill, they want the 10$ billed to a credit card. After entering all that on a card I've used all over the world - the web site insists that the number is not for a credit card, but for a debit card. (Should I ask for a refund on all that interest?)  I do not know what has happened to Koodo.  Is this some effort by Telus to put them out of business? Has the company been taken over by idiots?  I spent 30 years in IT and this ALL SUCKS.

Can a Koodo rep please look into this??? This is absolutely ridiculous. I can’t believe you make your customers wait for days on end to solve what should be a simple issue. I’m literally trying to give you my business and you’re preventing me from doing that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello @christianarae! We checked your account and the social media conversation and we can see that the address has been corrected and the order for the new phone has already been placed.

We understand how this situation was not exactly ideal and we can honestly say that this is not the kind of experience we want to provide here at Koodo. 

We’re always striving to assist every customer as efficiently as possible and, as we try to improve all our services, including our customer service, we thank you for your patience and understanding!

Please don’t hesitate to get back to us here or on social media whenever you have questions or need help, and enjoy your new phone!

Hello @christianarae! We checked your account and the social media conversation and we can see that the address has been corrected and the order for the new phone has already been placed.

We understand how this situation was not exactly ideal and we can honestly say that this is not the kind of experience we want to provide here at Koodo. 

We’re always striving to assist every customer as efficiently as possible and, as we try to improve all our services, including our customer service, we thank you for your patience and understanding!

Please don’t hesitate to get back to us here or on social media whenever you have questions or need help, and enjoy your new phone!

That’s correct, the address has now been fixed. For anyone who stumbles on to this thread in the future, it took 6 days from the time I originally reached out to correct my billing address. I still have no idea why I couldn’t do it in self serve. They can fix the issue over social media if you’re able to get responses. I missed the promo for the plan I wanted due to the delay but I need a new phone so unfortunately I’m stuck with the plan I already have for the time being.