Koodo Community
Solved

Cancel before term is over

• 3 April 2020
  • 8 replies

I have a tab balance of $35 on a terrible tablet I got through koodo. Plus the monthly charge of $15 for the data on it. Theres about 5 months left on my term. I want to cancel. Will I only have to pay the $35? Or will there be early cancellation fees? Wish I had never bought this thing, I never use it because it’s slow as molasses. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Allan M 3 April 2020, 19:31

Yea as long as you bought it before August 25th, 2019 then you’ll just have to pay the remaining tab balance and a partial month for the plan up until the day you cancel.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yea as long as you bought it before August 25th, 2019 then you’ll just have to pay the remaining tab balance and a partial month for the plan up until the day you cancel.

Awesome, thank you

I'm in the same boat except I'm paying 20$ month plus 5$ for the tab. I have 65$ left in my tab. I'm guessing I can pay off my tab then cancel right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm in the same boat except I'm paying 20$ month plus 5$ for the tab. I have 65$ left in my tab. I'm guessing I can pay off my tab then cancel right?

You don't have to pay off the tab manually if cancelling. If you cancel, the remaining tab balance will be added to your next monthly bill. 

Ah pk. I did that with my phone I just bought. So I'll do it again. Thanks! Now my bill will be 25$ less woo-hoo!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ah pk. I did that with my phone I just bought. So I'll do it again. Thanks! Now my bill will be 25$ less woo-hoo!!

But, you wanted to cancel your service...?

I'm little confused too. You mentioned that you are paying 20$ month plus 5$ for the tab. Is your plan $20/mo?

And " I did that with my phone I just bought", you bought a phone and paid off tab on that?

Just cancel the service on my Tablet...not my main phone. Bought an S20+ and had to pay off 200$ left on my tab...so I paid that tab back and bought the phone.  :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just cancel the service on my Tablet...not my main phone. Bought an S20+ and had to pay off 200$ left on my tab...so I paid that tab back and bought the phone.  :)

Oh, I see. Thank you for clarifying :)