Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Canada is Canada, can't discriminate against the Yukon!!!

K, here's my issue. I've had Koodo for years and years, love it. I moved to the Yukon up near the arctic circle recently, and to my surprise it works wonders up here. amazing signal. So my wife needs a new phone, and although there are no stores here, there is online. so I went online, picked out the phone, went to order it and the Yukon isn't on the form for shipping. Seems limited. just cause there's no store here doesn't mean you can't ship here.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That could be an error. Why dont you give Koodo a call. *611 on your koodo cell
trying now.
no dice... they said they just don't ship here yet... not sure what "yet" means, the Yukon has been a part of Canada since Canada began (and split from NWT in 1898) my goodness... were Canadian, we have Canadian addresses... ship to us.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marshal Burnham wrote:

no dice... they said they just don't ship here yet... not sure what "yet" means, the Yukon has be...

Post it as an idea. I dont see why they wouldnt ship there. I mean it's not like you are asking them to open up a retail location
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marshal Burnham wrote:

no dice... they said they just don't ship here yet... not sure what "yet" means, the Yukon has be...

Purolator Ground may not deliver to most addresses in the Yukon. Koodo's systems/contracts are not set up to ship via Canada post.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marshal Burnham wrote:

I use to work for Puro. And they have owner operators that deliver to rural areas off the main centers. It is very weird that Koodo does not offer this
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That is rather ridiculous - offering service but offering no means to actually buy a phone. If you don't mind purchasing your device outright, many Telus devices work on Koodo without being unlocked, and I'm sure that there must be a Telus dealer there somewhere. If you decide to go down that route, please let us know which phone from Telus interests you and we can check if it'll work without being unlocked.