Koodo Community
Solved

Can wide purchased but self serve has changed to province wide?

• 21 February 2021
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 3

I switched to koodo on friday. I have 3 cell phones that say Canada wide on service agreement.  My self serve has changed from Canada wide to province wide?.

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 21 February 2021, 18:07

@Koodousername Hmmm….that is strange, I do see you have a Canada Wide plan all 3 lines. The “announcement” you hear is just precautionary. You won’t get charged for long distance in Canada with Canada wide plans.

Let us take look and see what the issue could be. 

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The province wide plans go into effect on the 23rd, so if you switched to Koodo before that you are still on Canada wide plans (and will be unless you change plans again) :)

Userlevel 3

So why did my self serve change from Canada wide to province wide? l have not changed the plan.  I did see Canada wide on self serve yesterday on all plans? 

Userlevel 3

Also, my wife made a long distance call that said long distance charges may apply.  I switched to can wide plan on Feb.19,2021

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you post a screenshot please? Without personal info of course.

As for the LD message, that should go away if your wife dials a 1 in front of the number.

Don’t worry, you should be good with Canada wide either way but it doesn’t hurt to verify this for sure :smile:

Userlevel 3

Hi   I have a picture how do I attach here?

Userlevel 3

Userlevel 3

All 3 cell phone self serve are the same

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is strange! Must be a bug for sure - I will flag your question for a Koodo rep to look at :-) Do you use the same email here as for self serve?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Koodousername Hmmm….that is strange, I do see you have a Canada Wide plan all 3 lines. The “announcement” you hear is just precautionary. You won’t get charged for long distance in Canada with Canada wide plans.

Let us take look and see what the issue could be. 

Userlevel 3

Thank you for looking into this   my email is xxxxx@yahoo.ca 

Waiting patiently!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi. :) I can see that all 3 plans include a feature called Unlimited Canadian LD. You can check this on Self-Serve under the plan details. 

Userlevel 3

Userlevel 3

Emillia, yes, the unlimited is for family calling _ see attached

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

It’s definitely strange. Please send a message on Facebook/Twitter so that we can further look into it. 

Userlevel 3

Emillia,  I don't use Facebook or Twitter.  Old school

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I see. In this case I’ll submit a ticket but you will need to book a call on koodo.com/chat to follow up with the request since this is a public forum and we cannot share any account information. Are the plans displayed like this on all 3 lines? 

Userlevel 3

Hi,  I called koodo. They are not concerned and don't know why it says province wide and not Canada wide.  

Also, rep told me to call back after I get the bill to request a credit for the $45.00 x3  connection fee.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Emilia Koodo Emilia, pls let me connect with some of the team. 

@Koodousername  We have already engaged some of the team that can look into why this may have happened.  Given it’s Sunday it’s unlikely we will have an answer. Rest assured we will find out but may not be till tomorrow. As far as your account we will be monitoring it and make sure all is as it supposed to be. We believe it is the description that is incorrect the plan still works as designed.

Userlevel 3

Thankk youuu,  yes please keep me informed.  Thank you everyone.  Yes please, I would like to know.   Yes, it is same on all three lines.

Waiting breathlessly.  Thank you in advance.

Userlevel 3

Heads up.   My self serve is back to unlimited Canada wide on all accounts as well as in the description!

Thank you Bernard and Emilia, as well as anyone else who contributed.

Will notify you if it changes!

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Koodousername Ok, so we found the issue and the description should be updated in the next couple of hours!  Thanks for sharing your experience and for your patience!

Userlevel 3

Yes, the world is right again.

Thank you Bernard.

Koodo rocks  🎸 

😁