Koodo Community

Can't upgrade phone online

• 26 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi! I bought a phone from koodo last july 29. I wasnt happy about it so i was planning on getting the pixel.

I paid off my tab balance and will be billed next month and i tried ordering the pixel online. 

But i always get the message "bit of bad news. Based on your profile you're not eligible for an upgrade.pls visit a koodo store"

I have no time to visit the store and i really want to get the poxel phone while it's still available online. Chatted with the customer service on facebook but they havent replied since sunday. 

Can anyone explain why i'm not eligible? 

Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think they had some restriction for upgrading on a new account. If I recall correctly, you would have to wait 90 days to upgrade online.

I think they had some restriction for upgrading on a new account. If I recall correctly, you would have to wait 90 days to upgrade online.

Im a koodo customer since 2018. Is it considered a new account when i got the new phone last july 29? It was just an upgrade

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you bought online the return period for your phone is 30 days

https://www.koodomobile.com/webstore-policies#:~:text=If%20you%20aren't%20happy,ship%20it%20back%20to%20Koodo.

I would do this ASAP

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you already paid off your tab, return isn’t an option. 

As you mentioned you were a customer since 2018. It could be the issue with the amount of Tab paid off in your account.  I would suggest you wait till the next bill, pay it and try to buy again.

If it still doesn’t allow you, then you can contact Koodo directly and ask a rep about it.

If you already paid off your tab, return isn’t an option. 

As you mentioned you were a customer since 2018. It could be the issue with the amount of Tab paid off in your account.  I would suggest you wait till the next bill, pay it and try to buy again.

If it still doesn’t allow you, then you can contact Koodo directly and ask a rep about it.

Thank you for your reply. 

I might just have to go to a kiosk to talk to a rep. Kinda worried that the deal on the phone that i wanted will be gone soon :(

I am getting the same “bit of bad news you can’t upgrade” message. I’ve been a Koodo customer for years, have had the same phone for almost 2yrs and want to change it to a newer one. I’ve paid my tab balance and I still get this message. I don’t want to have to go to a Koodo store unless I absolutely have to. Why do I get this message??

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am getting the same “bit of bad news you can’t upgrade” message. I’ve been a Koodo customer for years, have had the same phone for almost 2yrs and want to change it to a newer one. I’ve paid my tab balance and I still get this message. I don’t want to have to go to a Koodo store unless I absolutely have to. Why do I get this message??

If it is asking you to go to the store, it means that there might need to be further security measure on your accounts to protect your info and your account from fraudulent activity.  It is an inconvenience, but it is safer than having a scammer buying something using your account.