Koodo Community
Solved

Can't Transfer phone number on new activation. Help please!

Moving from Bell to Koodo. Just installed my Sim. Using both my computer and my phone I tried to use the Self Serve > Mobile Services > Transfer number but it doesn’t work.

First, I get a message on the first transfer screen that says:

You are not able to change your number at this time Oops! You can't change your phone number within 14 days of activating or renewing a phone. “

Secondly, I “CAN” proceed by choosing the “Transfer your phone number” option, but after I enter in my full name and Account Number from Bell, two screens later I get this error message:

"An Error Occurred. Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again."   What is going on? I need to transfer my phone number ASAP. My understanding is that I do not have to wait 14 days to do this. I was told it would take about 4 hours.       Chat Conversation End   Type a message...  
icon

Best answer by Dennis 30 June 2020, 23:28

Thanks for replying. Yes, I didn’t think I had to wait 14 days, but they give you that message.

What is port protection? I entered the Bell 10-digit number. And then - as requested - the Account Number from Bell. I have confirmed my phone number can be transferred. It was not a landline, but an iphone.

I’ve left the same message on FB. No answer.

I’ve also been on the Chat and tried to schedule a call, but they say they are too busy and have no “slots.”

This is nutty. I’ve a business to run and people won’t be able to reach me.

Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Their FB chat is not live.  Please give it some time and a rep will get to it and respond to you as they work through the queue

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You don’t need to wait 14 days to transfer. The limit is for plan changes not for porting/changing your number.

Does your Bell number have port protection or something that prevented it from transferring? (I assumed you entered your porting informatio correctly). Was it a landline?

Anyway, you could also contact a social media rep via facebook messaging https://www.facebook.com/Koodo. He/she would help you out.

Thanks for replying. Yes, I didn’t think I had to wait 14 days, but they give you that message.

What is port protection? I entered the Bell 10-digit number. And then - as requested - the Account Number from Bell. I have confirmed my phone number can be transferred. It was not a landline, but an iphone.

I’ve also been on the Chat and tried to schedule a call, but they say they are too busy and have no “slots.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Their FB chat is not live.  Please give it some time and a rep will get to it and respond to you as they work through the queue

OK. Thanks.