Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't remove Extended Warranty via Self Serve. "Error has occurred". Is paying $10 for phone/email support the only way to get rid of it???

I have repeatedly tried Self Serve to remove the $6 per month Koodo Extended Warranty & always get an "error has occurred" message. Is there an alternative to paying $10 for phone/email support to remove an unwanted add-on???

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi terry,

Since it's not possible to do it in self serve you won't be charged the 10$ to get it remove it from your account
Userlevel 6
Hi Terry,

The only way this can be removed is to call in to Koodo Customer Service. You will not get charge the $10 fee for this only if you are wanting them to change your rate plan.

Thanks for your help. I did call customer service & they said that they have now removed the add-on at no charge BUT insisted that it can be done using Self Serve & that they were being nice by not charging me. I don't yet see the change to my account anyway - maybe it takes time. I'll check back later. Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Terry wrote:

Thanks for your help. I did call customer service & they said that they have now removed the ...

I have asked CS reps to step me through the process, when I have failed to find the way myself. Either I learn something or they do.

Terry wrote:

Thanks for your help. I did call customer service & they said that they have now removed the ...

Thanks, it's a good suggestion. Next time . . . 
Userlevel 4
Terry wrote:

Hi Terry! Sorry for the confusion when you called Customer Service. They informed you incorrectly. It is definitely not possible to remove the Extended Warranty on the Self Serve. Sorry for the confusion.
Terry wrote:

Hi Daniel. Thanks for confirming. The confusion is understandable. Koodo instructs its customer to complete all of the online steps for removing the Extended Warranty & then gives an error message telling the customer to "refresh the page or try again later". Since Self Serve is never available for this action, a clear statement and prompt referral to Customer Support for assistance at no charge is needed. Have a nice day.