Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't buy Sim card

Hi im trying to by a sim card off the koodo store but it keep declining me, everything is entered correctly and nothing is wrong with my credit card, im wondering why this is happening?

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Noah, Try clearing your cache and cookies on your browser, then try buying a new sim card. Also be sure to be logged into your self serve account when doing so. Hope that helps 🙂
What if i have a neative tab balance?
Userlevel 7
You should be able to buy a new sim card regardless if you have a tab balance or not. Are you getting an error message?
Yes it tells me to pay off my tab
Userlevel 7
Noah Chauvin wrote:

Hmmm, it shouldn't be asking for you to do that, sounds like there's an issue with the website. The reason I say that is because people buy new sim cards all the time for their devices to try to troubleshoot issues. So you tried clearing the cache and cookies as well? If so, I'd recommend buying one at a Koodo kiosk or retailer and then activate it on your self serve account that would be the easiest way of going about it. Just my opinion anyways.
Noah Chauvin wrote:

Okay thanks, should be able to buy a sim card off the online store a lot easier dosnt make sense to me
Userlevel 7
Noah Chauvin wrote:

It normally isn't that hard to buy one off there. Trust me it doesn't make sense to me either. Are you trying to buy a new phone on the website as well? Or just the sim card?
Noah Chauvin wrote:

Just the sim card im getting a new phone from another source and i need a new sim card
Userlevel 7
Noah Chauvin wrote:

I'm honestly not sure where else to go from here then, I've been looking for a solution on here to see if anyone had a similar issue and no one has that I found anyways. Like I mentioned earlier you're probably better off buying a sim card from a Koodo kiosk or retailer, as you won't run into this problem. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help. 😞
Userlevel 6
Noah Chauvin wrote:

If your current SIM size is the same as the one you need for the new phone you don't need to buy a new SIM.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Noah Chauvin wrote:

Have you tried to order one without being logged in? I clicked "I'm new to Koodo" and I get presented with an order form, I haven't proceeded to actually order it but it looks like I'm good to go...
Noah Chauvin wrote:

Ya thats what i did but it says unable to "process order"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Noah Chauvin wrote:

I'm with Daniel then... very very strange indeed! You can call Koodo (*611) or what I'd do is peruse eBay and hopefully get it there 🙂
Noah Chauvin wrote:

Tryed ebay, only prepaid nano sim cards and telus nano sims
Anyone have a nano sim they wanna sell me? Haha!