Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I suspend service on a phone from the self-service interface and then reactivate it? Would be a nice tool for parents.

I have a defiant child. I prefer to talk to her about actions and consequences. However, when she refuses to accept them it would be helpful to have another tool in my arsenal. Can I switch off (suspend) service using the self service interface, and then reactivate it?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes.
Userlevel 7
You can suspend the the phone but I do belive you need to call in to reactivate it. Simply log into self serve and report it as lost or stolen. You'll find this option under your "Mobile Phone" menu Keep in mind this doesn't mean your bill will be any less. You still need to pay the full rate even off the phone is off

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can unsuspend through self serve as well.
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

You can unsuspend through self serve as well.

That's great to know!
Userlevel 6
One thing to remember, that this functionality in self serve can only be used one per billing cycle, so if your child is defiant more often 🙂 it may not be a perfect solution. Althoug I suspect, when you do it the first time, and make sure you don't turn it back on too quick, she will now gain your respect as she thinks you can now switch it off anytime. The mere threat of turning her phone going forwar should be enough for her to fall in place. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

One thing to remember, that this functionality in self serve can only be used one per billing cyc...

The once a month limit is only for plan changes. Suspending the phone as lost/stolen does not affect the plan or billing in any way, and therefore can be done as often as you wish. After all, it wouldn't make much sense to say: oops, looks like you lost your phone once this month already. You'll have to wait until next month to tell us it happened again.
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

One thing to remember, that this functionality in self serve can only be used one per billing cyc...

All I can tell you that I tried. And would't let me suspend a phone more than once in a billing period. Try it and prove me wrong. 🙂 This would be an awesome feature if it worked.
I have the same issue only it is a Boy. My Son is constantly downloading on his Moto G android and doesn't seem to care even if he's within wifi. He is set up on 2Gb limit and consistently goes over by another 1 to 2Gb. So I don't think I'm being unfair. I've threatened before but have never taken action. My concern was incurring more charges or not using the option properly where it is not really "lost". This is good to know, I think if you can only do it once a month that will be fine and maybe doing it just once will smarten him up. Thank you ! Keith
Userlevel 7
Keith wrote:

I have the same issue only it is a Boy. My Son is constantly downloading on his Moto G android a...

There's also a data block you can add on the account level after he goes over to stop him from using data
You can put a data block on your sons phone so he can't use his data. I have done this to my son twice now.
Userlevel 7
Tabitha Curry wrote:

You can put a data block on your sons phone so he can't use his data. I have done this to my son ...

Lol just saw this
Data
Data block removal
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jocelyn Caughlin wrote:

Data block removal

You can remove "Data block" through self serve. But you will need to call in to add it.