Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I make long distance calls without adding the LD saver?

Can I make long distance calls without adding LD saver, and if yes, how much does that cost per min? Particularly for calling Africa.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The LD saver is required to call any number that requires an international dialing prefix (i.e. 011).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No you need the LD saver to be able to make international calls. With it you'll be paying 15cents a minute LD fee to call South Africa http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/long-distance
Hi Can I use Long Distance (add on) as a prepaid customer? Thanks Shawn
Userlevel 1
Shan Micheal wrote:

Hey Shan, great question! The LD Saver is not available for prepaid customers at this time. To make an international call and Canada-Wide call, you'll need to add a Talk Booster to your account. Just a heads up, a one minute international call deducts 5 talk minutes. Hope that clears things up!
Shan Micheal wrote:

I was actually wondering about this too. I make calls back home (to Africa) a lot and was wondering if I would be charged long-distance fees. I am also a prepaid customer and I have the $25 Talk Booster which gives me 500 anytime minutes. From what you're saying ^^ all I need to worry about is the minutes being subtracted from my plan? I won't be charged long-distance fees on top of what I'm already paying per month?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shan Micheal wrote:

From Koodo's website:
You can also use your Talk Booster add-on to make calls outside Canada. Anytime minutes will be deducted as follows:

1 min call from Canada to a U.S. destination will deduct 2 mins
1 min call from Canada to international destinations will deduct 5 mins
https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans

So there is no extra long distance charge on top of your prepaid plan.

I am a prepaid customer and need to call the U.S. I have a Talk Booster on my account. Why can't I purchase an LD booster? Are calls to the U.S. not considered long distance? If LD booster is not available, how much are my calls to the U.S. costing me? Thank you, - Andrew
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andrew Z wrote:

I am a prepaid customer and need to call the U.S. I have a Talk Booster on my account. Why ...

Hi Andrew, Unfortunately there is no add on's for LD on Prepaid service, you can call the US though and it will deduct 2 minutes for every minute of the actual call. So it costs it costs twice the amount to call the US as a call to anywhere in Canada. Hope this answers your question, & feel free to ask more if needed. Have a great day Andrew.
Andrew Z wrote:

I am a prepaid customer and need to call the U.S. I have a Talk Booster on my account. Why ...

Got it. Thanks Paul. 'Preciate it.
Andrew Z wrote:

I was actually wondering about this too. I make calls back home (to Africa) a lot and was wondering if I would be charged long-distance fees. I am also a prepaid customer and I have the $25 Talk Booster which gives me 500 anytime minutes. From what you're saying ^^ all I need to worry about is the minutes being subtracted from my plan? I won't be charged long-distance fees on top of what I'm already paying per month?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andrew Z wrote:

http://help.koodomobile.com/prepaid/boosters/if-I-have-a-Talk-Booster-add-on-what-are-the-US-and-international-long-distance-rates
Andrew Z wrote:

I have the 50.00 a month plan and in Alberta, and would like to call to the United States, and or text there, mainly Ohio. Is North America  considered international?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andrew Z wrote:

You can text to the US without extra charge as long as you are in Canada.

If you make calls to the US:
Pay-per-use rate is $0.50/min
With Int'l long distance saver($3/mo) rate is $0.05/min
There is the U.S. Unlimited ($10/mo) add-on if you make many calls.
http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/long-distance