Koodo Community
Solved

Calling OK, Receiving error

• 2 January 2019
  • 4 replies

When I call to my new number, I can hear below.

"The cellular number you called is not assigned. Please check the number and try again."

Using this number, I can make a call and receive a text message.
But, I can't receive a call and can't send a text message.

I verified the same error with same SIM card at the different cellular phone.
Applying different SIM card on my new phone, I can receive a call without error.

So my conclusion is that my new phone is OK, but something wrong with my telephone number.

When I choose the number, it is transferred from FIDO service.

Please let me know any solutions.

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Ismail.koodo 3 January 2019, 20:40

Hello There! I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble sending text messages from your phone :(

Are you in a place where you have enough coverage?

If the answer is yes, then you can try to turn off your phone and turn it back on, and if that does not work you can reset the network settings.

If it is an iPhone, then make sure that your messages are enabled and that you are not using imessage! (normal messages are green and imessages are blue and can only be sent between iPhone users using wifi or mobile data)

If you are still experiencing the same issue after that, then I would recommend scheduling a callback using the Koodo assist at a time that is convenient for you to speak with someone from our technical support team.

Here is the link for the Koodo assist : koodomobile.com/chat
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When did you port your Fido number over?
Hi!

I stopped FIDO subscription on 3rd of December, 2018 and opened new account at KOODO on 27th of December.
After many trials, I chose one number of the list under Change Number menu under Profile.
Now, I can receive a call, but still 'sending text message' is failed.

Can you guess what could make such problem?

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So then you are not using your older FIDO number?

A numebr needs to be active before you can port. Are you using a new phone number?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hello There! I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble sending text messages from your phone :(

Are you in a place where you have enough coverage?

If the answer is yes, then you can try to turn off your phone and turn it back on, and if that does not work you can reset the network settings.

If it is an iPhone, then make sure that your messages are enabled and that you are not using imessage! (normal messages are green and imessages are blue and can only be sent between iPhone users using wifi or mobile data)

If you are still experiencing the same issue after that, then I would recommend scheduling a callback using the Koodo assist at a time that is convenient for you to speak with someone from our technical support team.

Here is the link for the Koodo assist : koodomobile.com/chat