Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Call me at my new number, please?

I need to change phone numbers. Is there a service on Koodo that will play a message telling callers to my old number to call me at my new number? If so, what is the fee and for how long can I have this service run?

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
HI Dave... This service is not available... A suggestion will be to compose a Text to send to all your contacts, like this they can be notified of your new number...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm not sure if this is possible, Dave, I guess somebody will have to chime in: Would it be possible to port out your current number to a VOIP service, or a really cheap temporary prepaid service such as Speakout and get a new number with Koodo? As I said not sure if this is possible without closing your account but I'm sure we'll hear it soon enough 🙂
I would suggest you do like Sophia said. go to voip.ms and sign up for an account, port over your old cell #, use the IVR service to play a message like "Hi. This is Dave. I changed my phone number, and the new # is xxxxxxx. Press 2 to be automatically forwarded to my new cell #" You won't even need to have an ATA (telephone adapter) hooked up, or even have internet service at your house to do this. Just need something to record the message in .wav format
Userlevel 1
Marcel in O-Town wrote:

I would suggest you do like Sophia said. go to voip.ms and sign up for an account, port over yo...

Smart idea +1 star, he should do that before changing his number!
Marcel in O-Town wrote:

I would suggest you do like Sophia said. go to voip.ms and sign up for an account, port over yo...

The account , as sophia mentioned, will be suspended as soon as the port out is completed then cancelled at the end of the bill period. So no way to change the cell number in this case. This workaround will not work .
Userlevel 1
Marcel in O-Town wrote:

Get it solved! is right - I missed that point, thx GIS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marcel in O-Town wrote:

I was afraid that wouldn't be possible... now we know. Shame really 😞
Userlevel 1
Marcel in O-Town wrote:

not a Shaeme really, Dave cannot have them all, port his number and keep another Koodo number on his account, (ASA number is ported it drives account to cancelation, there will be no more number on the account), that's how Koodo apps work.
Marcel in O-Town wrote:

why not add a new number to the account first, then port out the old number...
Marcel in O-Town wrote:

Not all the account can have more than 1 number . Also creating a new account need a new SIM card and new plan which can be diffrent from the plan that he is on