Koodo Community
Solved

broken link to transfer number

• 23 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello. I am trying to transfer my number so I can activate my Koodo account. When I click on the link to do so, it brings me to a video instruction of how to do so and a further link below the video to “transfer your  number to Koodo”, it brings me to the billing page instead of the transfer number page. I use the magnifying glass to try to find the number transfer page, it prompts me to log in (again!) only to repeat that vicious cycle once again!! 😤
I have cleared my cache, used 3 different browsers (including one from my cell phone itself, which I cleared the cache on as well) and I have either gotten to the final stages of doing the transfer, only to be given an error message every time, or sent back to my account billing page. I have lost several hours doing this. This is the craziest, most frustrating service ever! I put in a call request from customer service but the soonest callback day is 2 days from now. I will keep the appointment for now, however I would be most grateful if someone can chime in if there is a simple fix for this!
TIA!

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 24 September 2022, 19:21

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am little confused by the description. You are “ trying to transfer my number so I can activate my Koodo account”. This is not the normal way to transfer the number to Koodo. You would have to activate your Koodo account first then transfer the number.

Also, are you a postpaid or prepaid customer? as of now, are you a Koodo customer?

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the confusion. Since I am new to Koodo, not sure if I am using the right terminology. I guess my account is “activated”, since they began billing me as of 10 days ago, even though I just received my SIM card yesterday. So when I say activated, I meant no longer paying Telus for my cell service and fully onboard with Koodo. I signed up to be billed monthly, so again, not sure if that means postpaid or prepaid?
Regardless, I have tried numerous times to transfer my number over and if I try to do so online, it keeps bringing me back to the billing page and not the transfer number page. (I did clear my cache, whether I did it properly, not sure. I was able to reach the transfer my phone number page by using my cell to navigate, but instead of the process completing, I get a message that there was an error and try again in an hour.
Make sense?
Thanks once again for any further advice!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Eh, I am still confused when you said your Telus service stopped working while you are having trouble transfer the number.

Have you received an activation email from Koodo to make a self serve account yet? As of now, can you use your Koodo sim with their temporary number?

I am still on Telus because I have not changed the SIM card yet. You aren’t supposed to change the SIM card until you have transferred your phone number over via the self serve (yes, I have one set up).  As mentioned above, I keep getting an error msg if I try to do so i.e. when using the website via the browser on my phone. When trying to do so through the website via my laptop, I can’t even get to the page where one should be able to transfer the number over, but instead it keeps bringing me back to the billing page. Make sense?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am still on Telus because I have not changed the SIM card yet. You aren’t supposed to change the SIM card until you have transferred your phone number over via the self serve (yes, I have one set up).  As mentioned above, I keep getting an error msg if I try to do so i.e. when using the website via the browser on my phone. When trying to do so through the website via my laptop, I can’t even get to the page where one should be able to transfer the number over, but instead it keeps bringing me back to the billing page. Make sense?

I would suggest you to call the Koodo porting department at 1-844-232-7678. They should be able to assist you with the port transfer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The link from the video page does indeed seem to be broken. Instead, from self serve, try navigating to mobile services->manage your phone number. That gets ME to the right page, at least.

The rep had the same issue as me when trying to register my phone number i.e. error message. Turns out it was because I was trying to register it under my company name + personal name (all on one line). I did this because in the past, during an audit, they questioned me having my phone billed to my personal vs. corporate name. They were able to sort that out, but because they would not credit me for 2 weeks of service that I did not receive, I told them to cancel it. I am going with another carrier that has the same price and pkg. but have a customer service dept. that you can actually reach and not wait 2 days for a callback!