Koodo Community
Question

Being charged data add on we never signed up for and foes not appear under manage add ons

• 12 August 2019
  • 8 replies

I got a notice that we added 2gb of data to our plan last month but we did not do this. Now we're being charged $20/month but this add on does not appear under manage add ons so I don't know how to remove it. It's also not under manage data. We do not use over our alloted amount of data ever. So I have no idea how this extra data was added. How do I remove it if it's not under add ons?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What plan do you have?
Is the charge for data top up? Do you have more than 2lines under your account and your subscriber bought a top up?
We have 2 lines but when I look at the other line they used less than 1gb of data. I cannot access data usage for last month. We each have a 2gb plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
“I got a notice that we added 2gb of data to our plan last month but we did not do this. “

I’m a little confused... Did you switch to a plan which includes 2GB last month?
Now they charge $20 for 2GB add-on? (It means you have 4GB total?)
Did you check your PDF Ebill? What does it say the $20 charges for?
Its not Tab charge?
No,we didn't switch plans. We've always had $45/2GB but they are billing one line for an extra 2GB. The bill says $20 2GB add on but I can't find these extra 2GB under add ons.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No,we didn't switch plans. We've always had $45/2GB but they are billing one line for an extra 2GB. The bill says $20 2GB add on but I can't find these extra 2GB under add ons.
Ok. I’ll flag this, so rep can look into your account 🙂
Thank you! Not sure what happened but we definitely didn't sign up for this and don't need it. Thank you!
Userlevel 3
Hello @RHM ! Thank you very much for contacting us! 🙂 I have accessed your Koodo account, and I was able to see that a 2GB Data add-on had been added to one of your two phone numbers, on the 25th of June. The addition appears to have been made through the online Self-Serve portal.

Consequently, your July invoice includes a partial charge for this add-on, which corresponds to the time frame in which the add-on was active on your phone number during your previous billing cycle. The July bill also includes a full 20$ charge, which covers the add-on during the entire current billing cycle.

However, I was also able to see that, on the second day of your current billing cycle (that is, after the current invoice was issued), the add-on was removed from your phone number. As a result, your next invoice, which will be issued in August, will include a partial credit, which will compensate for the absence of this Data add-on during most of your current billing cycle, - Alex
Great. Thank you!