Koodo Community
Solved

automatic top ups and expiry dates

• 31 August 2019
  • 2 replies

I just signed up for automatic top ups... my account says that that my "base plan expires at the end of Sept. 11, 2019", then in the automatic top ups section it indicates "Next Automatic Top-up (start of): Sep 12, 2019". Does that mean I must do a manual top up first or risk losing my boosters, or will it kick in on time to roll them over?
icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 31 August 2019, 15:48

Under the new top-up system, the automatic debit will only grab what is necessary to buy you one more month of baseplan when it's due and then leave your balance at zero. I wouldn't be shy to do one manual one ahead of time... if there's enough in your account at renewal time, your auto debit will be zero.

Your boosters stay intact for 89 days evern if your baseplan is not renewed on time. In over 4 years, never had a top-up not work automatically. Doing one manually ahead of time will let you test run your payment method and maintain service just in case there's a glitch with your card.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Under the new top-up system, the automatic debit will only grab what is necessary to buy you one more month of baseplan when it's due and then leave your balance at zero. I wouldn't be shy to do one manual one ahead of time... if there's enough in your account at renewal time, your auto debit will be zero.

Your boosters stay intact for 89 days evern if your baseplan is not renewed on time. In over 4 years, never had a top-up not work automatically. Doing one manually ahead of time will let you test run your payment method and maintain service just in case there's a glitch with your card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Right, so to answer your specific question: once you have set the auto top up in place, and you have an active plan (as is the case), you won't have to do a thing 🙂