Koodo Community

Community

Automatic Self Serve Account Creation

Userlevel 6
I think it would very convenient to have a self serve created when customer activate their account. It would save a lot of time for reps at a kiosk helping customer register for their self serve. For password, maybe on initial visit we would ask for their pin number and then they will be able to create their own password for the self serve account. Maybe we could even pre-install the self serve app to all of our Koodo phones, so once it is activate. We would be able to open the app, the app recognizes the number and automatically logs the account in and then they could set up a new password for it.

18 replies

I recall it was automatic, isn't it enter your phone...they text you the password and you login? Or is that my Fido???
Userlevel 6
MarcusG wrote:

I recall it was automatic, isn't it enter your phone...they text you the password and you login? ...

Nope, you still have to go to the website or to the app to register for self serve.
Userlevel 1
MarcusG wrote:

I recall it was automatic, isn't it enter your phone...they text you the password and you login? ...

When Customer activate his Postpaid account at store he should provide an active email, if not store rep advice him to register for selfserve on koodomobile portal, for Prepaid customers, they have to create their own Selfserve account while activating their SIM on same site. If Postpaid customers having issue with Self Serve creation they call Koodo care, Prepaid cannot anymore call Prepaid care, they can reset their own passwords online.
Userlevel 6
MarcusG wrote:

your just stating stuff we already know, whats the point? is it related to the topic?
Userlevel 1
MarcusG wrote:

Yes indeed, read post
Userlevel 6
MarcusG wrote:

mmm... what? Gotta go with Erwin here, what's the point of these 2 posts Mat?
Userlevel 6
This is a great idea, it would certainly make things easier for a lot of people. If I'm not mistaken everyone is assinged a PIN at the time of activation and if app is on the phone you should be able to log in with your email address and your PIN. The only part missing is to validate if the email address is correct. I don't know where theat would be done.
Userlevel 1
RudyW wrote:

This is a great idea, it would certainly make things easier for a lot of people. If I'm not mista...

As soon as an account is created, Koodo sends you a validation email link that dies after 7 days, you should validate your email within that period, if your profile has been completed, then you can logon with same credentials on your PC & your Mobile Self Serve apps
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

This is a great idea, it would certainly make things easier for a lot of people. If I'm not mista...

Thats for e.bill.
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

Yes, but that's a pain. Gotta get to a computer, log in etc. You loose me. If it can be done at the ime of the activation that would be better.
Userlevel 1
RudyW wrote:

I agree, but you still got to validate your email, some customers are providing some facke emails like "no@email.com" to stores because they don't have any, how can you create valide Self Serve user id with that kind of email.
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

Simple. They should just use this tool to validate the email address: http://tools.email-checker.com/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RudyW wrote:

And then what? Customers with no email address get denied service?
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

Okay guys, we can always create a gmail account, its super fast it only takes 2 minutes and add the email to their smartphone.
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

Virgin validates with the phone number itself + password... can't Koodo use the same for their Self-Serve?
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

Excellent point topper
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

@ Timo No , you don't have to have an email address to have koodo service. But, when I signed up it was pretty clear that if I wanted to change something I would have to do it myself online otherwise there is a fee. So, people can still have koodo without an email address and pay by calling to change things. I do like the Virgin approach though. It beats koodo's.
RudyW wrote:

@Erwin: No, that's not just for ebill. That's to validate and finish creating the Self Serve account.