Koodo Community

Community

Allow Data Block to be added/removed in Self Serve

Userlevel 7
Barring some technical limitation that has been brought up before or that I'm not aware of, I think Data Block should be available in Self Serve, just like any other add-on. I couldn't find any other topics suggesting it so I thought it would be a good idea.

33 replies

Userlevel 2
As far as I know, it's available to be added in Self Serve.
Userlevel 7
Myke wrote:

Paul just said it wasn't available on a topic I replied in regarding a customer who was requesting it but it wasn't available in SS. I double checked myself and I can confirm the add-on is not there either... but then again I have a data plan. Maybe it's available to Talk + Text users?
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Hmm, weird. I thought it was available...
Userlevel 6
Why would be enough for people to just block data from their phones? Easier to turn it on and off.
Userlevel 7
Chris Petersens wrote:

Why would be enough for people to just block data from their phones? Easier to turn it on and off.

Because people are paranoid and don't want to be charged for it.
Userlevel 1
Chris Petersens wrote:

Sometimes kids might play with it, and you know they'll find a way to hit just the right combinations to screw you. I once gave my phone to a kid to play Angry Birds, 2 minutes later, she was on the factory reset confirmation screen.
Chris Petersens wrote:

my LG phone "pocket dials" to turn data on.  Frequently. So I pay $2 per month for data block as after complaining four times about extra data use that I did not want, they told me they would no  longer reimburse me for extra data.  Plus, it give me text messaging with photos for the $2 as it does not block data for SMS.  But I had to do this over the phone.
i would like data block add on and pin acct..i have teens that cant use wifi..and not 55 dollar plan
Userlevel 6
max power wrote:

i would like data block add on and pin acct..i have teens that cant use wifi..and not 55 dollar plan

What do you mean they can't use wi-fi? Of all people teens know very well, where they can get free stuff. Even if it's data.
max power wrote:

if you have Shaw for internet at home, the shaw hotspots are amazing. you don't need data hardly at all.
shoot..they can use wifi for fb utube ect..hotspots or at home...i want 0 data on phone
Userlevel 6
max power wrote:

shoot..they can use wifi for fb utube ect..hotspots or at home...i want 0 data on phone

You can disable the data on their phone as well. They can turn it back on but this where they can learn some responsibility on their own. Suspend their phones for a while if they don't follow your instructions. 🙂 Kids have to learn to look after their own affairs.:-)
lol..obviously u dont have kids
Userlevel 4
max power wrote:

lol..obviously u dont have kids

I do and what Chris said is pretty much how it should be...
Userlevel 7
I'd like to bump this idea and just modify it slightly: make the add-on available to be added AND removed from Self Serve, because it seems to be a recurring issue with people who were on old Talk and Text plans and had data block to be safe, switched phones/plans to something with data, but can't use it because they still had data block enabled.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

I'd like to bump this idea and just modify it slightly: make the add-on available to be added AND...

Ahh.....interesting. Wouldn't the reps remove that when customers upgrade their phone? Or at least inform customers that they are going to run into throuble and won't be able to us the or new phone fully?
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

I'd like to bump this idea and just modify it slightly: make the add-on available to be added AND...

Not all reps are created equal, and some people upgrade online with no way of removing it.
I had data block, but removed it in an attempt to unlock my phone (due to too many invalid pattern attempts made by kids). The attempt failed and I had to do a hard reset. Now, the add-in is no longer available to be added 😞
Userlevel 7
Alexandru Guzu wrote:

I had data block, but removed it in an attempt to unlock my phone (due to too many invalid patter...

If you want it, just call a Koodo rep. They'll add it for you for free since it can't be done by self serve. You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. Hours of Operation Monday - Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Alexandru Guzu wrote:

I had data block, but removed it in an attempt to unlock my phone (due to too many invalid patter...

For free you say: http://koodomobile.com/en/on/contact.shtml "Feature Add/Change : $10" Which is not exactly free. I remember this used to be possible via Self Serve, now it's just a another way to squeeze some more money >:|
Userlevel 7
Alexandru Guzu wrote:

It's free because this is not a change you could make on your own via self serve, if you could do it yourself then yes they charge.
Alexandru Guzu wrote:

they didn't charge me to add data block by phone
Userlevel 3
Data is automatically ON when you fresh upgrade iOS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
EverettC wrote:

As if we would expect for data to be OFF by default from any Apple or Google-driven products. 😉
EverettC wrote:

yes and this just cost me $10