Koodo Community

Community

Allow customers to look up PUK code in self serve

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Currently if a customer accidentally locks their sim card the only way to unlock it is to call customer service and request the PUK code. Since it is already possible to look up phone unlock codes in self serve, why not provide an option to look up the PUK code as well?

27 replies

Userlevel 4
My name is Tyler and I approve this idea
Me too!!
Userlevel 2
Let's get this idea implemented. Forward-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Get Timo that CEO badge!
Userlevel 7
Agree! How did this get burried?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Genius pure genius Techy Timo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thank you muchly.
Userlevel 4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Thank you muchly.

"FATHER! THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED!!"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Thank you muchly.

Let me get this right, you enter your password wrong enough times to even block your PUK code (which you could have requested for free if you only called Koodo) and now you are angry because you need to buy a new SIM card? And somehow you still manage to blame Koodo? Don't you think that is a tad unreasonable?
Userlevel 6
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Thank you muchly.

@mickpearson I have to say Sophia is 100% right. This was total self-injury on your part. The good news that it's easy to fix. She already told you how. 🙂
Userlevel 3
Best Idea EVER! I give this a star too! something simple can be avaialble to all clients.
Userlevel 5
GENIUS !!!!!!!!! i give this 1 million stars 😃
Userlevel 6
Timo, tell me something as I'm not quite sure where and how people put a lock code on their SIM? When they activate? Later?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

Timo, tell me something as I'm not quite sure where and how people put a lock code on their SIM? ...

Usually the sim card is locked either because customers accidentally choose the wrong option when trying to set a screen lock code, or when someone enters the wrong pin code too many times while trying to unlock the screen. People who do it deliberately usually know the pin code so they don't need to call in for the PUK.
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

Timo, tell me something as I'm not quite sure where and how people put a lock code on their SIM? ...

Ahhh....makes sense. Thanks Timo!
Chris Petersens wrote:

HOW CAN I GET MY PUK CODE
Userlevel 7
Chris Petersens wrote:

Currently if a customer accidentally locks their sim card the only way to unlock it is to call customer service and request the PUK code.

Reading... It's fundamental
Chris Petersens wrote:

useless costumer service?
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

Lito, how can customer service be useless if the only way to fix your problem is to call them.
That would be useful in my opinion.
Userlevel 2
This idea cannot be allowed to die.
i agree, we should be able to see our PUK online in SelfServe calling koodo when there closed doesnt work (believe me i tired) and going without your phone is never good if they do this il be suprised, but its a very good idea
Totally would save me right now, would be a great feature.
Userlevel 7
Why is this marked as not planned??
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Maybe they mean not not planned? Please?
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

If it's not planned they must have made a call on this (whatever criteria they might use) not to move forward. That's what "not planned" means to me.