Koodo Community

Allow call forwarding to be established and cancelled via selfserve.

Userlevel 1
It would be über convenient if one could setup call forwarding to a Canadian number and/or cancel it via self serve. In my case I could call forward to a Voip provider in Canada that would then call forward to an overseas number at a low per minute rate.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
That would be a lot of work, if do-able. Koodo probably doesn't have enough customers who call forward enough to implement the time and especially money into something like this. Remember that it's a lot easier to suggest an idea than actually think about what it takes to do it. What's the problem with setting it up before you leave Canada?
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

That would be a lot of work, if do-able. Koodo probably doesn't have enough customers who call fo...

It definitely doable as we can provision new SIM cards and do other things that you can't do from any other carrier's self serve. Setting the network for CFA (call forward always) should be easy using the same mechanisms they use to provision service. The problem doing it before I leave Canada is there is a window of time after arrival before you get to the local Orange or Codatel office and get your service setup and working that you can't receive any calls. It would be nice to be able to get important calls even if it is at the high per minute roaming rate until get a chance to set it up.
Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

That would be a lot of work, if do-able. Koodo probably doesn't have enough customers who call fo...

Which you can't do it anyways since you cannot call forward to a non-Canadian number.
Userlevel 2
All you would do in terms of Koodo is add on the call forwarding feature. You would still have to activate it on the phone. I doubt you'd be able to call forward outside of Canada anyways on Koodo.
Userlevel 1
Myke wrote:

All you would do in terms of Koodo is add on the call forwarding feature. You would still have to...

I know I can't forward to a non-Canadian number and wasn't planning to try. The number I will be forwarding to is a virtual DID number in Canada which then can and will allow forwarding to International numbers at very low per minute rates. The suggestion was to allow self serve to set the forwarding without having to use the phone to do it. It is technically possible, I can forward my number at work just by hitting a web page and telling it where I want it to go. Bell has setup and cancelled call forwarding for me before without the phone. If a customer service rep can cause it to happen by manipulating the network so can self serve in an automated fashion which manipulates the network for provisioning.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

All you would do in terms of Koodo is add on the call forwarding feature. You would still have to...

Koodo's system isn't set up for that kind of thing. As far as I've always known, it has to be activated directly from the phone. Given that this is the first time I've heard of this on this community and the hundreds of customers I've talked to have not once ever asked about it, I can't see it being something Koodo would invest it, but that's just me.