Koodo Community
Solved

Alcatel Go Flip 3 Typing Issue

• 10 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello,

Does anybody know when I try to type anything I have “Expired” only on the bottom? The digits are still available.

Thanks,

Alex

icon

Best answer by Allan M 11 January 2021, 02:35

I found this:
“There is currently an issue preventing the Go Flip 3 device from sending text messages. To fix this issue temporarily, please preform the following steps on your phone: go to settings > personalization > select date and time > select auto sync > select OFF.

You will need to manually update the date to any day to any day prior to Jan 1, 2021. A software update will be made available on Jan 14th to permanently fix this issue.”

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What exactly are you talking about? Could you send a screenshot. I’m not too familiar with this phone . 

Thanks  Robert.

I cannot add a screenshot unfortunately.

When I try to type the SMS I cannot put the letters and the notification occurs bellow says“Expired”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I found this:
“There is currently an issue preventing the Go Flip 3 device from sending text messages. To fix this issue temporarily, please preform the following steps on your phone: go to settings > personalization > select date and time > select auto sync > select OFF.

You will need to manually update the date to any day to any day prior to Jan 1, 2021. A software update will be made available on Jan 14th to permanently fix this issue.”

Thank you very much!

Has anyone had any success with fixing this? 

Bought a phone for my Dad for Xmas, 'Expired!' text kept coming up when we tried typing. Setting back the date temporarily fixed it, but times, dates, and order of texts are mixed up. 

Read that a software update will happen on the 14th, but still no change. 

I got the updates on January 14 and downloaded successfully by wi-fi. After that, I started the auto sync to get the dates back. Check the notices if you have any updates are available to download. 

Best regards.

You can update the software directly on your phone by following the instructions in Section 6 of the detailed user manual that you can download to your computer online at https://us.alcatelmobile.com/.  The instructions are not in the “Quick Start Guide” that comes with the phone.  Works fine.  (Kudos to the Koodoo community for this discussion - it took a bit to find how to get the update, but once you have it ….. slick!)

I forgot - you have to have the phone connected online in order to get the download, so you may need the instructions given by others about re-setting the date in order to set up your online connection.

For clarification, in line 1 “ you have to have the phone connected online in order to get the UPDATE downloaded”.  You can get the manual using your computer, but the operating system update has to be done through your phone.   Sorry, again