Koodo Community

Community

Add data capping as an option in self serve to prevent bill shock.

Userlevel 3
I been reading on the forms lately and starting to come across this more often. We all hear of parents getting cell phone for their children who don't use the data within their means. In which turn can cause excessive ammounts of data overage. So giving the control to the client to enable a data cap through self serve would be a good idea. This would eliminate billing discrepencies and also allows the client to have even more control of their useage. Give this a +1 if you agree. I hope this gets a lot of feedback.

6 replies

There's already a mandatory $50 cap for data overages in the system. Parents should be showing their children how to set up a data restriction, as well as monitoring their usage. If the child goes over, then the parent can add the data block addon. Beyond this, they should look into a prepaid option.
Userlevel 3
But you cannot tell every parent in Canada this. But that's besides the point. It's all about flexibility and how clients can take control of their account more throughly. Having $50 of data overage then being cut sounds a bit obscure but it is what it is.
Rocky Balboa wrote:

But you cannot tell every parent in Canada this. But that's besides the point. It's all about fle...

Sure you can tell every parent in Canada this. It's their obligation as a parent to monitor the usage & provide guidance to their kids about how these things work. If you provide the children with the power to control it themselves, that gives them a feeling of responsibility, which is something that is positive for them. If the child doesn't follow the responsibility, then the parent can block the data completely on the account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

But you cannot tell every parent in Canada this. But that's besides the point. It's all about fle...

Yes, but that parent has to call in for this. It's much simpler to be able to do this in Self Serve. I've asked for this in the past as well and would love to see it implemented.
Rocky Balboa wrote:

As far as I'm aware, the data block option is available for selection in Self Serve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

No it isn't. It shows as selected if you have it on. You have to call in to enable it.