Koodo Community
Solved

Add a buzzer code to address

UPS will not, and I mean will not look up my entry code on the directory. They just say I’m not listed and leave with my parcel. In order to circumvent this I was told to add my buzz code to my delivery address but there is no option for that in Koodo’s address fields.

I tried adding it to the PO Box and RR boxes but it doesn’t save it. 

There is also no place to add delivery instructions. Has anyone successfully address a buzzer code to their order?

icon

Best answer by Dennis 11 May 2020, 22:44

Have you contacted UPS to file a complaint and force them to re-deliver?

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t think they have that option in the current shipping checkout. They used the billing address for shipping and didn’t take anything else. UPS normally leaves a note (same for Canada Post), then you have to go to their pickup point and get the phone.

It could be a good idea to have a note field in the shipping address. I would suggest you create a suggestion  thread so people can vote on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you contacted UPS to file a complaint and force them to re-deliver?

Three times, I even provided them the buzz code and now they state they don't have the package so I'm in investigations with UPS and Koodo.

I realize this is 5 months later but what was the update.

i have a similar issue where by the UPS driver requires the buzzer code To get into my building and no where online (UPS) to add it in 

Not good news on that front. The package was retuned to Koodo. UPS has since created UPS My Choice which allows me to leave instructions for the driver online among other things. 

Not good news on that front. The package was retuned to Koodo. UPS has since created UPS My Choice which allows me to leave instructions for the driver online among other things. 

That is interesting as my UPS account does not allow for me to add a buzzer code.

Did you receive a full refund from Koodo? Or did arrange to get delivered another way (with a different courier etc?) 

I received a full refund. 

Odd, my UPS Choice has an option to provide delivery instructions to driver.

I received a full refund. 

Odd, my UPS Choice has an option to provide delivery instructions to driver.

I can tell them where to leave package from a drop down menu (front desk, porch, back door etc.) but I can’t enter a buzzer number or written instructions.  Definitely not the same as Amazon! 
The package will have to be returned if they don’t use my buzzer and don’t take it to a ups pick up point, which on my delivery options has been restricted by the sender (Koodo) and not an option - they make things so easy! 

Thanks for your help though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You definitely can call and see if you can arrange smoothing with them on the phone.

You definitely can call and see if you can arrange smoothing with them on the phone.

I attempted to call Koodo yesterday morning and they said they couldn’t do anything about it, I don’t think the person understood what I needed to do and said they could do anything their end. Neither could the webteam as it was ordered through kiosk and not online. 

I could go back to the kiosk to see if delivery options could be changed with UPS But I don’t know if that will do anything

All I really want is for the package to be sent to an access point so I can go there with my ID, sign for it and pick it up as the apartment buzzer is connected to my partner’s cell phone and not mine so they will have to stay in and wait for the package as UPS have told me drivers will not call a cell phone number to let the receiver know they are outside  

if you have any other ideas please let me know because right now I feel both Koodo and UPS have made this as difficult as possible for me to get what I paid for...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was talking about calling UPS. Sorry I should have been clearer