Koodo Community
Solved

Activating a new sim card without a koodo number

• 6 February 2021
  • 5 replies

I have a new sim card and it’s my first time with Koodo.

Its not prepaid or anything.

I tried to put it in but it wants to text me a verification number.L I can’t do that because I dont have a previous koodo number.

Would they let me verify with my old number?

The next callback time is on Monday and I really dont want to have to wait :(

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 6 February 2021, 05:45

I did do all of that. No I have a new number.

I have an account number and everything and I was in the self serve.

However, I dn’t have a number that they will accept and im trying to activate the sim

I’m not sure why that is happening. In most cases, when Koodo sends out a SIM card, it is automatically activated and ready for use immediately.

If you don’t want to wait for your callback, you can send a message to a Koodo rep on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. They may be able to reach out to technical support to help you out. 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have a new sim card and it’s my first time with Koodo.

Its not prepaid or anything.

I tried to put it in but it wants to text me a verification number.L I can’t do that because I dont have a previous koodo number.

Would they let me verify with my old number?

The next callback time is on Monday and I really dont want to have to wait :(

Did you register your Self Serve account? If not, you should definitely set it up first before activating your SIM card. After you completed your online order, you should have received an email from Koodo with a copy of your Customer Service Agreement, which mentions your temporary Koodo number and account number. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/registering-self-serve

Are you planning to port out your old number to Koodo? If that is what you are planning to do, you can follow the instructions here. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

However, I dn’t have a number that they will accept and im trying to activate the sim

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m not sure why that is happening. In most cases, when Koodo sends out a SIM card, it is automatically activated and ready for use immediately.

If you don’t want to wait for your callback, you can send a message to a Koodo rep on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. They may be able to reach out to technical support to help you out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you order your sim card?

@MilkyWay is right.  Your sim card should arrive pre-activated with a new number.

What exactly is the phone saying about a verification number?  What app is asking that?  Can you post a screen shot of this message?  What phone are you using and is it new?  Where did you get it from?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hello @Daylight! A replacement SIM card behaves exactly like you described above, but yours cannot be just a replacement SIM card since you mentioned you have an account number and an active Self Serve account. If the issue is not yet resolved, please send us a message on Facebook or Twitter so that we could look into it.