Koodo Community

Community

Solved

activate two prepaid phones on one account

how to activat second prepaid phone on a preexisting prepaid account. I already tried clicking the activate prepaid after logging in and it does not work.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
You can't. You have to make a separate "account" for the second phone. Prepaid works differently and each number is considered its own account.
accessing two prepaid numbers owned by a single individual should be done using one account. Prepaid or not there is no excuse for this, no sane service provider would require its customers to have multiple emails and login credentials for each mobile number they own. I refuse to except the system is so poorly designed . I mean common!
Userlevel 7
jason wrote:

accessing two prepaid numbers owned by a single individual should be done using one account. Prep...

For prepaid it is. That's just how it works and its the same for all companies
Userlevel 7
Honestly, I use prepaid services in the states and I've moved around from multiple carriers and MVNO and not one of them allowed me to have multiple phones under the same account with prepaid.
really well you mite try telus for starters as they allow it no problem and well they are koodo, why use US carriers as examples? , koodo is a canadien provider and for you to say not one carrier in the US offers the ability to link accounts really makes me doubt the integrity of your comment and just to clarify I am referring to the login credentials to access online selfserve not the billing account number to which the mobile number belongs i relize those are separate for prepaid. I apologize if the question was badly worded I should have specified "link two prepaid accounts under a single online self serve account"
Userlevel 7
jason wrote:

really well you mite try telus for starters as they allow it no problem and well they are koodo, ...

Hey Jason, I can only give examples based on my experience. I don't use Canadian prepaid services so I can't speak to it. One thing also to keep in mind is that for Koodo prepaid is a new thing and they are still ironing out how to do everything. Now that you know its not available for koodo why not create an idea post here? Koodo does read / implement ideas from its customers so you never know what will happen. Chad.