Koodo Community

account ownership changed but same email kept now cannot create a different self service account as the email is same as before

changed my husbands phone number in my name  and got a new account no for it. Earlier the email used was my mail id and my card was used for payment as well so want to register on self service with my email but under new account no and I am not able to do so because the email has been used with the earlier account. 

Dont know what to do as I am not getting any bills on my mail but my card is being chargedfor payment!!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am not sure if I am following you. You performed an “transfer of ownership" with Koodo? (cost $10). If so you should have a separated email/account from the previous owner. 

Was it the case? If so, what was the error message when you tried to log into selfserve? 

The phone no wad my husbands who passed away so I got it transferred to my name I got  a new ac no

Now when I want to make my self service account I cannot do it as my email had been used by my husband earlier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am sorry to hear about your husband passing.

Regarding transfer: who did the transfer for you? was it a Koodo rep? what was the message that you saw when you logged into your selfserve?

If you simply took the SIM and used it (instead of asking a rep to do it), you can use your old email and password to log into the selfserve.

Koodo rep did the transfer and sent me a mail a few days later to register on self service. When I tried it would not let me and the message was that this email is already registered for self service. I can still log into my husband's account which should have been cancelled. Though I dont see any information in it

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo rep did the transfer and sent me a mail a few days later to register on self service. When I tried it would not let me and the message was that this email is already registered for self service. I can still log into my husband's account which should have been cancelled. Though I dont see any information in it

Oh ok. If that was the case, I would suggest you use the digital assistant to reset the email access.

You can go here www.koodo.com/chat and type “I cannot access your selfserve”. It should guide you step by step to reset the account access to your new account (the account that the rep setup for you).

You could try that one first. If that doesn’t work, you would need a rep to assist you.