Koodo Community

Community

500MB + 500MB Shock-free data, does that mean 1000MB of data?

Looking at getting a new plan, currently I have 600MB for 39$.
A plan for 40$ says it has 500MB data + 500MB shock-free data.

Is not all data shock free with koodo? Wondering why they specify? 
Is it 1000MB of data for 40$ or 500MB + pay for what you use of the 500MB?

Thank-you.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Kimbo, No not all plans are shock free older ones are not.
Yes it's a total of 1gb of data included in the plan and any overage over that should you choose to use it is $5 per 100mb.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Hi Kimbo, No not all plans are shock free older ones are not.
Yes it's a total of 1gb of data ...

Super, thank-you, Paul! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Kimbo,

All data is either SFD or it's not, You can no have 500MB of SFD and the other 500MB not SFD. It's either a Shock-Free plan or it's not.
I'm confused. Does that mean for the first 500mb you get no messages and for the last 500mb of SFD you will get a notification at 50%, 90% and 100%?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Denise Busayong wrote:

I'm confused. Does that mean for the first 500mb you get no messages and for the last 500mb of SF...

Treat it as a 1GB plan.
You will get a notification at 500MB, 900MB and 1GB.
you will have the sfd service for the entire amount of data that your plan includes, 1000MB in your case.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mihaela Nistor wrote:

you will have the sfd service for the entire amount of data that your plan includes, 1000MB in yo...

The answer was provided 4 days ago. It's one thing if it's 5 minutes or something that you're after someone else who answered at a similar time as you, but this is way too late. Participation is of course always welcome. However, please pay more attention to questions being appropriately answered before answering so late for the future.
Mihaela Nistor wrote:

you will have the sfd service for the entire amount of data that your plan includes, 1000MB in yo...

my son has 2 gb of data and 1 gb of shock free data why do they charge me when he goes over his 2gb if shock free data is free...should he not have 3gb of data?....and why does it say that on the bill ? why does it say 3gb if its all the same? Thanks in advance for your help
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mihaela Nistor wrote:

All data is shock free now. By the sounds of it your son has a 2GB+1GB plan which I'd the same as saying 3GB and you might see those two interchanged. Have you checked page 3 of your ebill (where you can see a breakdown of charges to see what's going on?) If you cant figure it out take a screenshot of that page and post it here leaving out any personal info and we can help you out.