Koodo Community

Phone swap while still under contract

• 26 October 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m unhappy with my current cell phone (it’s too big really lol) but I’ve unfortunately still got 16 months left on my contract. Can I possibly bring my current phone In to a kiosk and swap it out for a different one?

I have an iPhone XR but want a smaller iPhone

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m unhappy with my current cell phone (it’s too big really lol) but I’ve unfortunately still got 16 months left on my contract. Can I possibly bring my current phone In to a kiosk and swap it out for a different one?

I have an iPhone XR but want a smaller iPhone

You can change your phone, but do note it will mean that you need to pay off your remaining Tab balance and Tab Bonus balance. This can turn out to be way more expensive than it needs to be. I would suggest you to calculate the amount you need to pay and reconsider your options before making your decision. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You will need to sell your phone (Facebook market place etc.) , pay off the tab, then get another phone on a tab.

I would not recommend trading in your phone to Koodo. You will get more for your phone if you sell it yourself. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Advertise for a swap on Facebook Marketplace or Kijiji. There may be someone in a similar pickle as you.

Koodo does not care what happens to the phone… just continue making your plan and tab payments.

Badge +4

Or, if you don’t want the hassle of dealing with hagglers bidding for the lowest price possible, consider selling your iPhone to a friend or coworker. In order for your iPhone XR to fetch top dollar, it will have to be in next to new condition. The higher the internal storage option, the better. If battery health is still at 100%, that too is a good selling point.