Koodo Community
Question

Phone Change

• 19 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I've been using a Samsung Galaxy A71 4g for now a year and I would like to change the phone for something more convenient for my needs like maybe a flip phone or simply return the phone and use the SIM card with a used Phone from somewhere else. Also Since I selected the 10gb data plan, it seems like I no longer have access to the 3gb plan anymore. Is there also a way I can fix this?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could only return the phone during the first 15 days using it (30days online). As of now, you can’t simply ireturn the phone and get the new phone. If you want to get another phone, you would have to pay off the Tab balance and any “phone credit” you might have. 

Also, Koodo plan offering differs from time to time. If you don’t see it now, that plan might not be available. You could also check back later and see if there is something else.

i took a plan with a new samsung a13 and  i pay 13/month for it with the 44.00 that i pay for the line and options, so i do not like the samsung a13 because it lags when i start to have over 2 screens of apps, it also takes more time to loadup and fulfill instructions from android since the processors are not strong enough to manage the workload and use that i need for the phone to be.

so i would not mind to pay for a tcl20s wich is better equiped processor wise and can manage all i would need from a phone right now. 

what i wish to know is koodo going to simply take my old phone back since it isnt a year old and remove the TAB balance and just bill me for a new phone, or do i have to pay off the tab from my first phone to be able to purchase the second tcl 20s, would anybody have had this experience to be able to answer my question correctly and inform me of which are the politics for a situation like mine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

what i wish to know is koodo going to simply take my old phone back since it isnt a year old and remove the TAB balance and just bill me for a new phone, or do i have to pay off the tab from my first phone to be able to purchase the second tcl 20s

You would have to pay off your remaining tab balance and tab bonus at this point. The only time they would take it back would be in the 15-30 day return period.

Thanks for the advice and i agree with what u say.