Koodo Community

lenovo chromebook has not shipped

• 3 December 2021
  • 72 replies

I upgraded to the Motorola phone that comes with a Lenovo Chromebook, the phone has shipped but the Chromebook never shipped. Koodo message bot was unhelpful and I've scheduled a call. Any advice in the meantime?

72 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you received the phone yet? or the phone was in transit? I wondered if the Chromebook was included with the shipment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I upgraded to the Motorola phone that comes with a Lenovo Chromebook, the phone has shipped but the Chromebook never shipped. Koodo message bot was unhelpful and I've scheduled a call. Any advice in the meantime?

Did you complete the registration form? https://registeryourpurchase.com/ 

It should be noted that it will take around 4-6 weeks for Motorola to ship the Lenovo Chromebook after the promotional period has concluded. For more information about how to redeem the offer, you can visit the following link below. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/motorola-one-5g-ace-gift-with-purchase-faqs

On the promo there's an i on that page that shows more information on the promo.

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/motorola-one-5g-ace?INTCMP=KMNewHomeBAN_BF2021ChromebookGWP_HPTile3

You have to click on there and then there's a link to register the phone after its received and then get sent the laptop 3-8 weeks after.

We had the same issue and had to figure it out.:) Hope that helps.

I upgraded my phone as well specifically for the free laptop unfortunately the phone shipped but no laptop unfortunately I have had the phone for almost 6 weeks and still no laptop even though I did speak to an agent immediately after my cell phone was delivered and he made it clear enough the only way to get it was to register the cell phone purchase on the Motorola website and In 4 -6 weeks you are supposed to receive the laptop.

I'm personally feeling scammed 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I upgraded my phone as well specifically for the free laptop unfortunately the phone shipped but no laptop unfortunately I have had the phone for almost 6 weeks and still no laptop even though I did speak to an agent immediately after my cell phone was delivered and he made it clear enough the only way to get it was to register the cell phone purchase on the Motorola website and In 4 -6 weeks you are supposed to receive the laptop.

Why you feel you got scammed?

The website gave you whole information how to receive the item and there were a registration link too. If you follow this instructions, you will receive your laptop.

I ordered the Motorola as well and registered it on the website as asked. It said we should receive an email when they verify everything but I haven't yet. Has anyone received an email letting them know their Chromebook was shipped?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It may require follow-up with Motorola.

Does anyone know how to delete replies you send on here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does anyone know how to delete replies you send on here?

There is no way to delete the comments you posted in the Community. However, you can make a request to delete your profile. Send an email to communitymanagers@telus.com. They will process your request within 2 weeks. 

The website gave you whole information how to receive the item and there were a registration link too. If you follow this instructions, you will receive your laptop.

I feel like I got scammed because I got my phone on November 21st last year and it was registered on the the 23 unfortunately I absolutely believe that is definitely longer than 4 to 6 weeks I was quoted

Still have no email with the shipping information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I feel like I got scammed because I got my phone on November 21st last year and it was registered on the the 23 unfortunately I absolutely believe that is definitely longer than 4 to 6 weeks I was quoted

When you registered for the promotion, did they give you 4-6 weeks quote?

I see 8-10 weeks on their information. ( Under 2)

This is morarola's promotion. You can contact them and ask them how the progress going to get better information of shipment?

I still haven't received shipping information and it has been more than the 4-6 weeks quoted. I have my product claim registered and have done all the steps required by koodo but i definitely empathize with the person who feels it is a scam. Has anyone actually received their laptop yet? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I still haven't received shipping information and it has been more than the 4-6 weeks quoted. I have my product claim registered and have done all the steps required by koodo but i definitely empathize with the person who feels it is a scam. Has anyone actually received their laptop yet? 

According to the Koodo page I posted above, the Lenovo Chromebook will ship out 8-10 weeks after you register. You will receive a confirmation email with the tracking information to check on delivery status.

This is what it says if you do not receive it:

If you don’t receive the package within 2 weeks of the shipment release, please contact the Lenovo Canada support line at 1-855-253-6686. Select option #3 from the voice menu.

It's not a scam it's just reality. The pandemic has caused a massive backlog in logistics in every possible way. there is also a shortage of chips. I know these laptops are older models but aren't they refurbished? That means those who refurb them are also working at a reduced pace due to covid. We'll get them or something of similar value but yeah expect it to take 3-4 months min right now.

I still haven't received mine either still waiting 8 to 10 weeks after my phone was registered put the latest delivery date last week. Still don't even have confirmation of shipping let alone the laptop

I too upgraded to the Motorola phone SPECIFICALLY for the Lenovo Chromebook and have not heard a single thing since.  It seems like I was duped.  And Koodo has virtually no way to contact them, other than the nearest store, who has no idea there was even that offer being made.  What a scam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I too upgraded to the Motorola phone SPECIFICALLY for the Lenovo Chromebook and have not heard a single thing since.  It seems like I was duped.  And Koodo has virtually no way to contact them, other than the nearest store, who has no idea there was even that offer being made.  What a scam.

Did you contact the Lenovo Canada support line at 1-855-253-6686 and select option #3 from the voice menu?

Userlevel 1

Has anyone had any luck in getting information about where our Chromebooks are? I contacted Lenovo Canada with the number provided on the registration form as well as Motorola Canada but no luck. Both companies have no idea about the promotion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Has anyone had any luck in getting information about where our Chromebooks are? I contacted Lenovo Canada with the number provided on the registration form as well as Motorola Canada but no luck. Both companies have no idea about the promotion.

Refer to my reply here:

They have updated their FAQ to state that everyone should receive them by March 4th, 2022

Still waiting for an email about Chromebook shipment  and tracking info too. 

Has anyone here received such email?

Still waiting too, am not very happy since I changed my phone just for this promotion 

Userlevel 1

Just got off an hour long phone call with Koodo, who again referred me to Lenovo Canada. Spoke with Lenovo Canada and once again they said they have got thousands of calls in regards to this promotion which they still have no information on. The gentleman I spoke with this time told me to call back later this week to see if they've received any more information. Even Lenovo's superiors have no information on this. 

It has officially been almost 15 weeks since I used the register your purchase website and submitted. So the 8-10 week time frame is a little far off... I haven't even received the status update after 6-8 week.

Has anyone else received the same info from Lenovo Canada

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Spoke with Lenovo Canada and once again they said they have got thousands of calls in regards to this promotion which they still have no information on. 

Out of curiosity was this the number you called?

Userlevel 1

That was the number! Second time calling that number over the last week and a half.

Any news on this ?