Koodo Community
Solved

Certified pre-owned phone locked by passcode

• 24 December 2021
  • 7 replies

I just got the CPO phone from Koodo, it’s an iphone X. But the phone is locked by passcode, how am I supposed to use it? 

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 24 December 2021, 19:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just got the CPO phone from Koodo, it’s an iphone X. But the phone is locked by passcode, how am I supposed to use it? 

I am surprised Koodo did not do a factory reset on your device before they delivered it to you. In the meantime, have you tried any of these methods? https://www.cleverfiles.com/howto/forgot-iphone-passcode.html

Thanks @MilkyWay, I’ll give it a try. 

I am having the exact same problem. Were they able to address it for you? I am waiting for someone to contact me to help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am having the exact same problem. Were they able to address it for you? I am waiting for someone to contact me to help. 

Is it locked my a phone passcode or like an icloud lock?

It is locked by a passcode. I put the sin card in that they sent with the phone and I assumed it would start with the general iPhone set up, but it just took me to a Lock Screen and it is password protected. 

They asked me to factory reset it myself, they said go to settings to factory reset it, but I obviously can’t go to settings because the iPhone is locked…. 

So after a while on hold they’ve explained I’ll have to go to an apple store to get it reset or return/exchange the phone. 

I opted to exchange it for the same (pre-owned) phone… hopefully the one I receive this time is actually factory reset when it comes!

I guess it was just a mistake and should usually be factory reset by Koodo before it gets sent to the new owner 🤦‍♀️. 

They said that they haven’t had this happen before, but I mentioned that it happened to someone else 3 months ago and they posted about it in the ‘Koodo community’.

Hopefully it doesn’t happen to too many others!

Just got my phone and it is locked with a passcode. Tried setting up a callback but the earliest they can do is a whole day away