Koodo Community

Community

Solved

will moto g or moto e unlocked work with kood prepaid plans

hey i plan on maybe getting a phone (moto g) and it isnt on the pre paid list will this change anything if i get a sim card from the store or will basically any unlocked phone work?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Jeremy, If the phone is compatible with Koodos network then an unlocked phone will work. If you bought the Moto G without a tab, all you'd need to do is purchase a sim card for prepaid, no need to unlock the phone as it will work on both postpaid and prepaid. Hope that helps 🙂
Userlevel 6
I have both a G and an E and both work flawlessly, prepaid and postpaid. In either case, if you buy outright from Staples, they're unlocked and ready to go. If buying from a carrier other than Koodo or Telus, then you'll need to unlock it first! Hope it helps!
Userlevel 7
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

I have both a G and an E and both work flawlessly, prepaid and postpaid. In either case, if yo...

That's good to know that you can get purchase them unlocked from Staples, didn't know that! 🙂

I have both a G and an E and both work flawlessly, prepaid and postpaid. In either case, if yo...

hey man great answer also what happens if i accidently forget to pay the 25$ renewel do i lose the phone number? or have to activate again or something
Userlevel 7

You have up to 90 days to top up your account, otherwise if you don't do that you'll lose your account and your number and have to start over from scratch.

thanks daniel loads of help
Userlevel 7

Not a problem, you have a good evening! 🙂
Userlevel 6

yup! as Daniel said, your account will be kept alive for up to 90 days from the end of its last renewal. After that, the account will simply be deleted along with any booster and the number will be released. your base plan renews every 30 days (not once a month, once every 30 days, so the exact date is not the same every month). so just make sure you have funds in your account so it can renew. you can use vouchers or a credit card to automate it all. by registering a CC and using it for auto renewals, they deposit 10% of your base plan's cost back into your account, so every 30 days you can actually build up a balance. prepaid is awesome! 🙂