Koodo Community
Solved

Why is the new data booster being used before exausting the old one?

• 18 September 2018
  • 3 replies

My data booster was getting low, so I purchased a new one. On my booster usage page, it shows that the new booster is now being used up while the older one sits at where it was when I bought the new one. Why would it work this way?? If I don't want to build up a stock of older boosters with some data remaining, do I have to completely use up all my data before purchasing a new booster? This seems silly. Is there some money to be made by not using up the old boosters or something?
icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 18 September 2018, 23:01

Your gas tank is still as full as it always was before you topped it up previously. Does it really matter which top up is being drained first?

My theory is that they start taking from "limited-time bonus" boosters to make them disappear first so that you will feel less bad when topping up next time when the full retail priced items are the only ones available.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There isn't more money to be made. It's just how it goes for some reason. You still have the data that you're entitled to. You can use it until it's all done and then add me ore or you can top up anytime you want. It doesn't expire.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your gas tank is still as full as it always was before you topped it up previously. Does it really matter which top up is being drained first?

My theory is that they start taking from "limited-time bonus" boosters to make them disappear first so that you will feel less bad when topping up next time when the full retail priced items are the only ones available.
Thanks for the replies. The "money to be made" remark concerned the apparent need to completely drain a booster, potentially leaving a period with no data, before buying a new one. If people choose not to do that, they'll have all these bits of unused data. I'm partial to the theory that they're using up the limited time bonus boosters first, because I don't think this happened before with regular boosters.