Koodo Community

Community

why is my phone saying no sim card

Why is my pay as you go phone saying no sim card?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you take it out of the phone for a minute and put it back together again, does it come back? Also, is your prepaid plan active currently (not expired)?
Sophia wrote:

Can you take it out of the phone for a minute and put it back together again, does it come back? ...

I tried that and it still says the same thing

Sophia wrote:

Can you take it out of the phone for a minute and put it back together again, does it come back? ...

Yes my phone is active just bought a new one last saturday

Sophia wrote:

plan last Saturday

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A no sim card message means that the phone is not physically able to read the sim card. Removing and reinserting the sim card, as Sophia suggested, may restore the connection, (although you will likely have to restart the phone as well). If it does not, there may be an issue either with the phone or the sim. You can test which by either putting this sim in another phone, or trying another sim card in this phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it worked fine before, then it could be a SIM problem. I would suggest you test it either with another phone and see if it is ok.