Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why is my number not being ported?

My number isn't transferring? I just moved to Koodo from Speakout. Having just activated my SIM card and creating my account, etc. I'm still waiting for my number to be ported over. I filled out that I wanted my old existing number, and it was eligible. The customer service rep said that it should happen almost right away and that I'll receive a text confirming it. I've received one saying that my plan is activated, but my number is still unknown? Does anyone know how long it generally takes to have the number ported?
icon

Best answer by Justin Robichaud 7 February 2015, 22:48

Try power cycling the phone!

A number port has the potential to take up to 2.5 hours to complete. That's given they used the account number.

Usually it's like 10 minutes but I always inform my customers about the 2.5 hours if I can't get the phone to work before they leave.

If power cycling doesn't work and 2.5 hours has passed just pop back into the store and have them check on the port request. See if all the info is correct on their end.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Try power cycling the phone!

A number port has the potential to take up to 2.5 hours to complete. That's given they used the account number.

Usually it's like 10 minutes but I always inform my customers about the 2.5 hours if I can't get the phone to work before they leave.

If power cycling doesn't work and 2.5 hours has passed just pop back into the store and have them check on the port request. See if all the info is correct on their end.