Koodo Community

Community

Solved

why does my base plan say expired?

base plan expired

15 replies

so do I not have a phone now, with no notification?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you top up your account, Mark? Base plans need to be renewed every 30 days. How long have you been with prepaid?
Userlevel 4
I have had the same thing happen usually happens a day before your plan expires. Your phone will still work but make sure you pay by the expiry date on the main page of your my account.
MY base plan keep expiring. How do I fix this? It is expired now and there is plenty of money on the account.

Badge +4
dianna francis wrote:

MY base plan keep expiring. How do I fix this? It is expired now and there is plenty of money on ...

Hi Dianna, Registering your debit or credit card for automatic top ups should prevent the baseplan from expiring. Its possible the system may be experiencing delays processing payment, though in most cases and at this time of day, the system usually 'sees' the funds and applies it to your baseplan. The other possibility is that the system may be waiting for you to manually apply the funds toward the baseplan.
dianna francis wrote:

MY base plan keep expiring. How do I fix this? It is expired now and there is plenty of money on ...

How do I manually apply it. My account says I owe nothing because my plan has expired. There is no where to renew the plan
Userlevel 5
dianna francis wrote:

Hi Dianna,

If you've got a remaining balance on your account, you don't have to top up your account. You just have to choose a Base plan by clicking on "Change Base Plan".

Thanks
dianna francis wrote:

So if I have automatic top ups from my credit card, then I should just ignore the message about my account expiring? Or do I need to take any action?
Userlevel 5
dianna francis wrote:

Indeed Beth! You should ignore the message. If you are on automatic 30-day top-ups, we will automatically top up your account using your registered credit or Visa Debit card, just in time for your base plan renewal: http://koo.do/1HHJD1E.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
dianna francis wrote:

I'd just like to add that if your base plan already has expired, the automatic top up won't work any longer. You will need to have an active plan (just once) to "trigger" the auto top up... after that as Nabil said, it'll be worry free 🙂
dianna francis wrote:

Hi, I just want to make thinks clear, I'm on prepaid 15$ and top up 5$ with credit card, balance is $6.50, and I received a message that my account has expired and will deactivate soon. I want to keep the same base plan. Do I need to reactivate the plan ? ( I've clicked 'on reactive the plan' tab and added 15$ thinking that I needed to do it manually every month. Is it the case? I just got my phone 1 month ago. thank you.
Badge +4
dianna francis wrote:

Hi Andre. Yes, you've added the $15 dollars correctly to manually reactivate the baseplan. And yes, you will have to repeat this process the next time your baseplan is up for renewal.

If you want the baseplan funds to be automatically withdrawn every 30 days via credit or registered Visa debit card, take a look at registering for automatic top-ups. Login to your prepaid self serve account and refer to the Overview page for more details.

As long as you keep automatic top-ups on your account, you'll save 10% on your monthly baseplan. The 10% savings on your monthly base plan will be credited back to your account each time your base plan renews for another month, and every month after that. 
dianna francis wrote:

I have automatic top up set up and its been topping up.  My account has $85 but it says my plan expired and needs to be re-activated.
How can I draw money from the account to put to my base plan?
Badge +4
dianna francis wrote:

The system is a little slower during the early morning hours, particularly on weekends. Everything should be back to normal later this morning. Past experiences, usually after 6 or 7:00 a.m. The system will 'see' the money available and automatically apply the funds to your baseplan. 
dianna francis wrote:

The plan expiry message (The plan has expired... Top up to reactivate the plan...) on the prepaid self service online account has been misleading representation. 
It is unfair for the Koodo prepaid customers being mislead by the message when they actually paid (topped up) in advance to keep their plan active. I would suggest Koodo to take it seriously and to review the issue.