Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why am i being charged for an extra month after cancelling my prepaid service

My daughter cancelled her Koodo prepaid. She is now being told she has to pay an extra month that she didn't use?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You would not be charged for another month after cancelling. By the same token, however, I don't believe koodo is able to refund the base plan price if it auto renewed before you called to cancel.
My daughter cancelled t plan before the next billing cycle and they told her there would be no more fees.
Userlevel 7
Dave McDonald wrote:

My daughter cancelled t plan before the next billing cycle and they told her there would be no mo...

And there aren't. Its literally impossible for them to unless she puts money on the account either by voucher, credit card or visa debit. There aren't billing cycles on prepaid, just top up dates. You're just misunderstanding how prepaid works. With prepaid, you don't "cancel", you just stop using your phone and you just stop topping up. If your daughter put money on the account, thats non-refundable but Koodo did not "charge" her anything or force her to top up if she did.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dave, it sounds like your daughter may have been on a monthly plan. Those have the "billing cycles" you referenced.