Koodo Community

where to activate the prepaid phone now? Since the web won't be up till Sunday.....

i was just filling all the online form and got everything done then pressed send....and the page came out said it couldn't connect the prepaid activate website, and on the website it says it will be up again on SUNDAY!!!! I've filled everything out!!!! I need a phone in urgent, and now I have to wait till Sunday? I was filling it online cuz the Koodo both staff told me they couldn't anything about prepaid so I have to do it online by myself, and now the webpage is going to be updating for 4 days.....what can I do? How should I activate my phone.....? I'm so depressed and helpless now......

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 2
You will need to make sure that you have a sim card to activate the prepaid-this can be done at the koodo store.
You will need to make sure that you have a sim card to activate the prepaid-this can be done at t...they said i gotta do it online, cause they only sell it and has nothing to do with it after they sold it ...
activateprepaid.koodo.com shows that it is unavailable until Sunday, this is ridiculous
Userlevel 2
Go to prepaid tab under koodomobile.com -then click on the help link-under the prepaid icon-click on the link where do i activate the prepaid phone-Hope this is helpful:)
Hi LindaA, I am not looking for the How-To http://help.koodomobile.com/prepaid/activating-your-koodo-prepaid-phone http://activateprepaid.koodomobile.com is the online link to activate the sim card. I do not want to activate over the phone as there's additional charges. But the activation link is not working
Userlevel 2
Jimmy -sorry misunderstood-Contact Koodo at 1 866 995 6636 I am sure that they will be able to assist you do to the inconvience of the web being not accessible until sunday.
It's all good. I hope they can waive the charges in the meanwhile. Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Jimmy---no probs-please let me know how you make out:)
yea i have to call them tomorrow too, i'm not sure i was charged or not......and I can not activate the sim card at KOODO store, they told me for prepaid phone, they only sell the sim card (and phone) but that's it, they do not deal with it afterward, if we have any problems we need to make a call, but Koodo store has nothing to do with prepaid phone. That's why it freaked me out when the website doesn't work I need the phone in urgent!!! :(((
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you get the phone at an actual Koodo kiosk or at a retail store like future shop or best buy? - KID ANDROID. ( Team.Android.Canada)
Did you get the phone at an actual Koodo kiosk or at a retail store like future shop or best buy?...I got it from castanet, it's unused koodo phone (when you boot the phone you can see the koodo mark) it's LG p500h. Just the Koodo store staff told me, on prepaid phone, they only sell the sim card and phone, any problems that we have after we buy it, you have to call them 😞 That's why i activated it online, actually it wasn't hard, just the page was changed to be updated during I was filling the forms (and done!!!) this freaked me out.
Userlevel 1
In case of the prepaid selfserve not working customers can call prepaid rep and he will be able to activate/create your account - possibility of waiving activation fees call prepaid CSR
Hi Jo Lin, sorry to see that you are having issues. We are looking to see as to why you got this page after you filled out the form. We have escalated this issue and are now looking to see why this happened. We will update this thread with our findings. Best regards,
Hi Jo Lin, sorry to see that you are having issues. We are looking to see as to why you got this ...If it says it will be back on Sunday, doesn't it mean they alrady know about it ? Like they are doing maintenance on the website or something ...
Userlevel 1
Hi Jo Lin, sorry to see that you are having issues. We are looking to see as to why you got this ...He is the Webmaster he should've known that before, I do not know, just wait until he updates this thread with his findings
Userlevel 3
Hi Jo Lin, sorry to see that you are having issues. We are looking to see as to why you got this ...The error message must have been a mistake. The link is working fine.
Userlevel 1
Hi Jo Lin, sorry to see that you are having issues. We are looking to see as to why you got this ...Yeah .. may be that is why Webmaster is pushing his investigation, should be given more time...
Hi Jo Lin, sorry to see that you are having issues. We are looking to see as to why you got this ...thank you all, i actually called to activate my SIM card the next morning cuz i really need it, it works now. On the phone they told me it may be because I use google chrome or safari. But I don't think so, below was the page that I saw that day. We’re updating our systems.You won’t be able to access our online services and our Reps won’t be able to access your account. But don’t worry, you can always ask our Koodo Community or check out Help if you need answers to general questions. We’ll be up and running again on Sunday at 3 pm EST. Nous mettons à jour nos systèmes.Il vous sera impossible d’accéder à nos services en ligne et votre compte ne sera pas accessible par les représentants au Service aux clients. Toutefois, notre Communauté Koodo ou nos pages d'Aide en ligne sont disponibles, en cas de question d'ordre générale. Les comptes seront à nouveau accessibles dès dimanche à 15h HNE. but anyways i'm glad I finally get my SIM card activated! 🙂