Koodo Community

Where abouts my Koods sim card

• 3 December 2020
  • 14 replies

Hi one of the door to door sales agent sold me bundle of Telus Home Security + 2 Koodos Sim cards on nov 9 and i was told that i will be given discount if i got Koodos lines. I got the home security but the koodos sim hasn’t arrived yet. Tried contacting the agent and she was also not able to help. The thing is that the discount to the bundle will only be applied once i get Koodos  sim. But how can i find the status of my application or the where abouts of the sim. Please advice

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

?.  You said you bought 2 Koodo SIM cards?

If it's Telus SIM cards, it doesn't make that they sold you Telus SIm and suggest to get Koodo SIM to get deal...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did they give you any proof, such as a contact or a website to sign in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Were you given an order number? It should begin with ES.

I can confirm at the very least that Telus/Koodo mobility customers do get a $10/month discount if they have a Telus Smart Home Secuirty system.

@Mayumi It is not Telus sim it is Telus home security + 2 Koodos Sim (she said Koodos uses Telus network)

@Sophia For Telus yes (home security) but not  for Koodos. She called me and went through the contract over phone. Not sure how credible is that.

@Allan M yes i was promised $10 discount/month for package. But that will only apply once i have the sim. I have the account number for Telus Home security but nothing for Koodos. 

@Allan M i  was told to be given a discount of $10 on home security if I have Koodos connection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mayumi It is not Telus sim it is Telus home security + 2 Koodos Sim (she said Koodos uses Telus network)

So, you have Koodo SIM cards. 

Have you received an email from Koodo to how to set up your self serve?

Also, I'm curious they didn't activate those Koodo SIM when you sign up?

@Mayumi  I didn’t receive my koodos sim cards yet. I signed up with her for it and no information after that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And all this happened November 9 and you heard nothing afterwards? I’ll repeat @Allan M’s question: did you receive at least an order number (starting with ES...)?

Were you charged any money?

@Sophia no i didnt hear from Koodos. Home security is all set. i contacted the Sales agent and she said due to covid the process is slow. No i have not being charged yet for anything. I have 30 days cancellation period for my home security. And discount will only applied once i have the sim card. Not sure what is going on

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @ABhinder 

Thanks for the details offered :)

Usually, sim cards get activated shortly after you sign up for services (over the phone).

If I understand correctly, there was no email that you got so far to confirm the activation or instructions to complete the self serve registration process, is that right?

Regards, 

Flo

@Flo Koodo 

Hi yes i haven’t received any instruction regarding the activation or setting up the account

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thanks for the reply! 

If it is possible for you to get in touch with the agent again, that would be awesome if she could provide any info or update about the activation such as the order number.

Sadly, without any related details, we will not be able to at least track the status :)

Regards, 

Flo

@Flo Koodo Thank you the reply. I have reached out to the agent and she will get back to me